RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   About RIBnet | Site Help & Announcements (http://www.rib.net/forum/f31/)
-   -   Custom Avatars (http://www.rib.net/forum/f31/custom-avatars-19360.html)

Andy Moore 11 May 2007 07:46

Custom Avatars

Can RIB.net allow custom avatars to be displayed under your username whenever you post? :]

I know it is a feature incorporated in vBulletin.

It would brighten things up somewhat.

Pete7 03 June 2007 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Moore (Post 198920)
Can RIB.net allow custom avatars to be displayed under your username whenever you post? :]I know it is a feature incorporated in vBulletin. It would brighten things up somewhat.

JK wasn't keen the last time we asked because the server space it would take up and add nothing to the posts. However you could ask him for green blobs :thumbs: (worthy of a search on Ribnet for the full story as world wars have been started over lesser arguments)

Pete

John Kennett 03 June 2007 14:34

It's a quesion that comes up from time to time, but it's not something that I plan to add any time soon. Server space isn't a problem, but I have still to be convinced that they add anything other than a bit of pointless fluff.

I think that most people are happy with things as they are, but as ever I'm open to persuasion!

John

Rogue Wave 03 June 2007 15:37

No I ain't

I like Avatars why don't we have a poll. I have always been fond of pointless bit's of fluff......just as long as they weren't looking for a long term relationship.

Anybody that cares to look on the Boatmad site can see how charming and entertaing they can be. I love my Boatmad Avatar it makes me happy evry time I see it.

It's a picture of Johnny Fuller when he was in college

What me worry!

Poly 03 June 2007 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Wave (Post 202889)
I like Avatars why don't we have a poll. I have always been fond of pointless bit's of fluff......just as long as they weren't looking for a long term relationship.

Anybody that cares to look on the Boatmad site can see how charming and entertaing they can be. I love my Boatmad Avatar it makes me happy evry time I see it.

It's a picture of Johnny Fuller when he was in college

What me worry!

jk... ...please don't do it - unless there is an option for each user to turn them off in the view they see - I think they look tacky - just look at how crap boatmad looks ;)

John Kennett 03 June 2007 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue Wave (Post 202889)

The case for the prosecution rests m'lud . . . :D

John

codprawn 03 June 2007 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polwart (Post 202903)
jk... ...please don't do it - unless there is an option for each user to turn them off in the view they see - I think they look tacky - just look at how crap boatmad looks ;)

Shock horror I actually agree with you for once!!!

Jono 04 June 2007 02:11

C'mon Lanky... bring on the "fluff".... and bring back the Blobs... or I'll be forced to take pictures of your humiliation on the 15th......:D

Rogue Wave 04 June 2007 08:03

Who would you rather invite to a party guys me or Codwart and Polprawn :D

C'mon lets habe some fun.

John Kennett 04 June 2007 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jono (Post 202930)
C'mon Lanky... bring on the "fluff".... and bring back the Blobs...

I've been considering reinstating the blobs on an individual basis for special people :D
Quote:

or I'll be forced to take pictures of your humiliation on the 15th......:D
You reckon? You'll have to wait for me to catch up first! :p

John