RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIB gallery (http://www.rib.net/forum/f16/)
-   -   Lets see your Rig then... (http://www.rib.net/forum/f16/lets-see-your-rig-then-15088.html)

CJL 03 July 2006 16:09

Lets see your Rig then...

2 Attachment(s)
So after blatantly nicking someones thread title, lets see your rig.

Post a good pic up of the whole package (behave, I know what some of you people are thinking!) when you head out on the open road.

Chris

slimtim 03 July 2006 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJL
So after blatantly nicking someones thread title, lets see your rig.

You will be hearing from my solicitor... :D

Millermob 03 July 2006 16:33

1 Attachment(s)
Here's ours

codprawn 03 July 2006 18:21

3 Attachment(s)
My little rig - it was a joy to tow - seriously!!!

Not my trailer though - had to borrow it from the VERY kind John Price at Quinquari.

Will be purchasing the same make trailer in due course - one was meant to come with the boat....

Hugh Jardon 03 July 2006 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by codprawn
My little rig - it was a joy to tow - seriously!!!

cant understand why you didn't drag it round the horseshoe pass up to pwhelli!!

that is enormous codds enourmous....:eek:

codprawn 03 July 2006 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
cant understand why you didn't drag it round the horseshoe pass up to pwhelli!!

that is enormous codds enourmous....:eek:

Cos I had to take the trailer back....

I loved towing it and the Disco was brilliant. I have to be honest the Discovery was as sluggish as hell when I bought it - never having driven a tdi before only a TD5 I thought that was all I could expect. Then I turned the screw on the fuel pump 1/3 of a turn - it's like a different vehicle - just as much go as a TD5 now and the fuel economy is much better as well.

After towing the trailer back from St Davids through Solva and Newgale driving to Weymouth and back was nothing!!!

Hugh Jardon 03 July 2006 18:39

cool

are you going to join us this weekend coming, should be a good bit of fun, see if we can get a nice group together?
Quote:

Originally Posted by codprawn
Cos I had to take the trailer back....

I loved towing it and the Disco was brilliant. I have to be honest the Discovery was as sluggish as hell when I bought it - never having driven a tdi before only a TD5 I thought that was all I could expect. Then I turned the screw on the fuel pump 1/3 of a turn - it's like a different vehicle - just as much go as a TD5 now and the fuel economy is much better as well.

After towing the trailer back from St Davids through Solva and Newgale driving to Weymouth and back was nothing!!!

Jimmy_Beam 03 July 2006 18:53

Here's trojan with a load in her.

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my rig.

Biggles 03 July 2006 19:40

Jimmy never mind your RIG. The scenery is stunning.

Limey Linda 03 July 2006 20:02

Jimmy has the ultimate tow vehicle. A Chevy Suburban. I have one also. But you do not want to pay the petrol bill in the UK. About 11 mpg ( US Gals.) if you are lucky and has a 40 gal. tank. I think Jimmy's has carbs. not FI. However, the 4wd drive version will climb a telephone pole. Nice pics. from Alaska. Did you know that the State Bird in Alaska is the mosquito?. Just kidding Jimmy.