RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (http://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   RIBs & ribbing (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/)
-   -   Feeling Sick!!! (http://www.rib.net/forum/f8/feeling-sick-14018.html)

BOG RAT 20 April 2006 08:56

Feeling Sick!!!

Hi All
Any one got a good cure for sea sickness, (apart from staying at home.)

I dont get sea sick very often, but when I do I really have to go back to shore, 10 mins after landing I'm fine???? (& I never ate a dodgy curry either). But I know that if I go out again, I will be HONKIN UP again. forced to stay on the beach & watch. (not much fun watching)

Next day , no probs at all, can stay out all day, even in the roughest sea,

WEIRD or WHAT does any one else get affected like this? or is it just me?

Alex-341 20 April 2006 09:03

If your going slowly as if it were a dissplacement boat yo can get quite sick, you can buy wrist straps which apperntly help. Worth a try :)

Is it just when your going slowly or planning aswell?

Mark Halliday 20 April 2006 09:05

I used to race yachts with a number of people who suffered :sick: . They all found that dried fruit or Ginger Nut biscuits helped.

And, no, I am not taking the p155. Try it.

Narcosis 20 April 2006 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Halliday
I used to race yachts with a number of people who suffered :sick: . They all found that dried fruit or Ginger Nut biscuits helped.

And, no, I am not taking the p155. Try it.

I can vouch for the Ginger stuff, it works for several friends of mine, especially cyrstalised ginger good and strong. And if it's really bad, Stugeron is good as a last resort.

Hope it all helps
Regards :thumbs:

rugrat 20 April 2006 09:36

there is a little watch-like gadget which you can get now,
i think they send out an EMP which interupts the signals to the brain.
they work a treat

codprawn 20 April 2006 10:53

I reckon most people are sea sick because they don't eat anything - they are afraid to eat in case they are sick and then - due to an empty stomach - they ARE sick.

Obviously don't go having a big greasy fryup or anything but some sandwiches and a mars bar or something sweet may work wonders.

Hightower 20 April 2006 10:59

Fishing friend told me Strawberry Jam...........It dosen't work, but tasts nice the second time around :sick: :sick: :D .

benc 20 April 2006 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by codprawn
....Obviously don't go having a big greasy fryup ....

I find that jumping in the boat, going to cowes and having a fryup sets me up for the rest of the day :)

roycruse 20 April 2006 12:40

Surely if your only sick some of the time - something else must be triggering it.

Your balance is mainly controlled by fluid in the ears which are connected to sinuses etc. - maybe its as simple as being bunged up or something that is triggering your sea sickness - if that was the case it could be as simple as taking some decongestants.

Alice 20 April 2006 13:17

I've never suffered from any kind of motion sickness. On passages I get a headache for first couple of days but then fine, however I'd never tivialise seasickness. I've been with people on board that think that dying would be a release. As for getting them to eat? Forget it. It can be very debilatating .