Old 07 September 2008, 12:45   #1

Make: Avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 115 four stro
ZapCat/Aquarius Wanted

hi

does anyone know of a zapcat or aquarius for sale, preferably one that hasnt been raced?

Anyone know of any
Old 07 September 2008, 20:25   #2

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
There was 3 on B&O last time i looked . white One from the kitesurf school has all the bits and extras for 3k
Old 23 September 2008, 13:58   #3

Make: Avon
Engine: Yamaha 115 four stro
thanks, already tried to call the kite surf school but it was sold the day before i called. Really gutted
Old 23 September 2008, 19:26   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPS 2 View Post
thanks, already tried to call the kite surf school but it was sold the day before i called. Really gutted

never mind , it was too cheap really , was probably a dog
Old 28 September 2008, 21:16   #5
RAD

Town: Essex
Boat name: Club Boat
Length: no boat
Engine: Yam 40hp
Will try and pm, there is one on ebay item - 280270263411

Not been raced but ends soon,
Old 29 September 2008, 15:16   #6

Town: Newquay
Boat name: B-Pacific
Make: Halmatic
Engine: Inboard diesel
Oooohhh. ME ME ME ME!!!!

Hi there. I've got a 2004 race ready zapcat with the Boyeson reeds, stainless prop, prop guard and soft fuel bladder etc. I've not raced it myself and have had it for a couple of years now, using it for a rescue craft and activity boat for my adventure centre. I've looked after it and have driven it sensibly taking paying guests out into smallish surf for thrll rides.
Tubes and engine in good condition, the impact deck is a little tatty and could do with replacing but apart from that it's good. Comes with a folding anchor, flare box(for spare coils, first aid kit, water and flares etc).
I'm selling as I've had two quiet seasons in Newquay and am getting a 'real' job!
If interested drop me a line. I'm open to offers.
Old 29 September 2008, 20:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepetts View Post
Hi there. I've got a 2004 race ready zapcat with the Boyeson reeds, stainless prop, prop guard and soft fuel bladder etc. I've not raced it myself and have had it for a couple of years now, using it for a rescue craft and activity boat for my adventure centre. I've looked after it and have driven it sensibly taking paying guests out into smallish surf for thrll rides.
Tubes and engine in good condition, the impact deck is a little tatty and could do with replacing but apart from that it's good. Comes with a folding anchor, flare box(for spare coils, first aid kit, water and flares etc).
I'm selling as I've had two quiet seasons in Newquay and am getting a 'real' job!
If interested drop me a line. I'm open to offers.

Hi Dave
sorry to hear things are a bit slow down there .

Thats the second time I have heard spare ciols mentioned for the tohatsu , are they a bit prone to failure or is it more of a problem with race engines for some reason .
also what difference did you notice with the boyesen reeds , I am not looking for more power but if they improve the economy or carburation significantly then i may invest in a set . I have used them in bikes , but they are in a much higher state of tune than an outboard so probably a very different effect .
Old 30 September 2008, 09:02   #8

Town: Newquay
Boat name: B-Pacific
Make: Halmatic
Engine: Inboard diesel
Spare coils

Hi Ian,
There does appear to be a problem with water getting into the engine cowling and causing the bottom coil to malfunction. I know a lot of the race teams wedge some sponge around the base of the engine but a mate of mine made an aluminium shroud (sounds grander than it actually is) which fits on the bottom of the engine cowl and works perfectly.
As to the reeds, I have only ever used the engine with these fitted so don't know how much of a difference they make. A good person to contact would be Neil@bsmotorsport.co.uk who runs a race team and is very good at setting up the engines. He's a Zapcat dealer too and always has parts and boats for sale.
They're great boats and will give you loads of fun, but can bite you in the ass when least expecting it!
Yours
Dave
Old 30 September 2008, 16:27   #9

Make: XS
Engine: Suzuki DF140
They fit Boyesen reeds because they are made or carbon/ fibrglass material.
The original metal ones can brake and wreck the motor.
The carbon type generally dont brake and if they do, wont damage the engine as much.
Old 30 September 2008, 19:39   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepetts View Post
Hi Ian,
There does appear to be a problem with water getting into the engine cowling and causing the bottom coil to malfunction. I know a lot of the race teams wedge some sponge around the base of the engine but a mate of mine made an aluminium shroud (sounds grander than it actually is) which fits on the bottom of the engine cowl and works perfectly.
As to the reeds, I have only ever used the engine with these fitted so don't know how much of a difference they make. A good person to contact would be Neil@bsmotorsport.co.uk who runs a race team and is very good at setting up the engines. He's a Zapcat dealer too and always has parts and boats for sale.
They're great boats and will give you loads of fun, but can bite you in the ass when least expecting it!
Yours
Dave
Cheers Dave will keep an eye out for water if its been a bit rough , its hardy surprising though the way those Zap cat racers drive the things .

Rooster hats just one of the claims for Boyesen reeds , not damaging the engine , but the main reason is surely to improve performance . I just wondered if there was any feedback from anyone who had fitted them and what real differences they made .