Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 February 2010, 09:52   #11
Member
 
captainpugwash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Makaira
Make: Forge Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: BMW 50HP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 143
I might put it together

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Looks a good project. Would love to do it myself but think a searider is about the biggest I'll ever own.
Hi JSP,
Never say never. I might put it together myself now.
My engineer has the Mermaid Turbo Four stripped down now and being ex MOD you never know what you are really going to get. Guess what? Absolutely no carbon deposits inside the engine at all. She is "As New".
With that knowledge I am now very tempted to put the rig together myself and have some serious fun.
__________________

__________________
If only everything in life was as easy as being naughty
captainpugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 10:19   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - Isle of Man
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11
Wow lots of responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post

Thanks to everyone for there replies.

PM replied to Ian and thanks.

Sparatcus...I hadnt seen that first one of FAFB. Looks quite good.

Havent really got the time to put one together myself although I can see the benefit but bit of a open cheque book as stated.....like all boat ownership I guess!
__________________

__________________
ttiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 10:23   #13
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpugwash View Post
Hi Chewy,
I live in The Old Malt House, hence the name.
Thought as much, quite a few malthouse's down your neck of the woods.
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 10:35   #14
Member
 
captainpugwash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Makaira
Make: Forge Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: BMW 50HP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 143
Malt House

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Thought as much, quite a few malthouse's down your neck of the woods.
There certainly are and I think I have probably visited most of them.
However, I once had several pints in the Hellifield ( I think thats how to spell it) Working Mens Club in your neck of the woods with a good old friend of mine.
Once I had convinced the Bar Steward to actually fill the glass up to the pint level marker as I did not agree that two inches of froth on top was part of the pint then we all got along just fine.
__________________
If only everything in life was as easy as being naughty
captainpugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 10:38   #15
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpugwash View Post
There certainly are and I think I have probably visited most of them.
However, I once had several pints in the Hellifield ( I think thats how to spell it) Working Mens Club in your neck of the woods with a good old friend of mine.
Once I had convinced the Bar Steward to actually fill the glass up to the pint level marker as I did not agree that two inches of froth on top was part of the pint then we all got along just fine.
Mmm cheap beer!
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 16:27   #16
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpugwash View Post
Hi JSP,
Never say never. I might put it together myself now.
My engineer has the Mermaid Turbo Four stripped down now and being ex MOD you never know what you are really going to get. Guess what? Absolutely no carbon deposits inside the engine at all. She is "As New".
With that knowledge I am now very tempted to put the rig together myself and have some serious fun.
You can pay allot for a good mermaid (here's where that chewy bloke sends up to the bilges )
I'm in no position to buy, but out of interest how much would you want for the RIB and engine?
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 16:44   #17
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
You can pay allot for a good mermaid (here's where that chewy bloke sends up to the bilges )
I'm in no position to buy, but out of interest how much would you want for the RIB and engine?
You'll tar my good name!
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 17:03   #18
Member
 
captainpugwash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Makaira
Make: Forge Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: BMW 50HP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 143
Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
You can pay allot for a good mermaid (here's where that chewy bloke sends up to the bilges )
I'm in no position to buy, but out of interest how much would you want for the RIB and engine?
Well knowing what we know about the engine now I truly am undecided. A brand new Mermaid is a stonking 10500 I believe.
I tell you what. Why dont we ask the knowledgable folks on here what they think a fair price would be?
Rib, Trailer and Engine? Come on boys and girls. Whats it worth?
__________________
If only everything in life was as easy as being naughty
captainpugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 18:03   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
Your better off selling the bits because as you know youve got to many things missing to make it a worth while project
__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2010, 18:15   #20
Member
 
captainpugwash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Makaira
Make: Forge Marine
Length: 7m +
Engine: BMW 50HP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 143
However

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
Your better off selling the bits because as you know youve got to many things missing to make it a worth while project
I have sourced all the missing bits to put the jigsaw together at very good prices.
__________________

__________________
If only everything in life was as easy as being naughty
captainpugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.