Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 29 May 2013, 17:52   #21
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyrib View Post
whats the general opinion on the price?
Depends. It's 5800 for an SR6 hull, two late model two smoke 75s, some lekkie and a trailer. What's it worth if you break it up? What would it cost you to buy the bits and put it together?
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:03   #22
Member
 
fatboyrib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wolverhampton
Boat name: patches & blue bird
Make: avon searider
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin 75's & 90
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Depends. It's 5800 for an SR6 hull, two late model two smoke 75s, some lekkie and a trailer. What's it worth if you break it up? What would it cost you to buy the bits and put it together?
Might have all the bits there but needs work and money chucking at it and lots of your own time, could easily chuck 6-7k on tubes,refurb, trailer upgrade if needed making it a 13k rib, plus all your man hours, not worth it, 13k buys u a up and running newer rib with no hassle or hard work .
__________________

__________________
fatboyrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:14   #23
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyrib View Post
13k buys u a up and running newer rib with no hassle or hard work .
Will 13k buy you a retubed SR6 with twin 2006 75hp two stroke mercs?

You said you wanted a project. Remember, the tubes may just need a bit of TLC...
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:19   #24
Member
 
fatboyrib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wolverhampton
Boat name: patches & blue bird
Make: avon searider
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin 75's & 90
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Will 13k buy you a retubed SR6 with twin 2006 75hp two stroke mercs?

You said you wanted a project. Remember, the tubes may just need a bit of TLC...
Have you seen it???? Needs tubes 100%, may not get a retubed sr6 for 13k but as previous 13k in the hand could pull you a 16k rib in todays climate where cash is king!
__________________
fatboyrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:25   #25
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
No, I haven't seen it. So this SR6 you're looking for as a project - what kind of money are you prepared to part with, and what sort of condition are you hoping for? This sort of stuff helps people look around for you. The ebay boat further up the thread looked good for the money - did you miss it or think it was a "bit rich" too?
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:30   #26
Redbay supporter
 
wiLlfish's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: onn de moov
Boat name: bote
Make: kevvin
Length: 4m +
Engine: jett dryve
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
what kind of money are you prepared to part with?

I rekkon heez a tenn bobb sawt ov blowke

I cud bee rong

Hee mite strech too 50p
__________________
vowte willfIsh forr cheef ekserkewshener
wiLlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:40   #27
Member
 
fatboyrib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wolverhampton
Boat name: patches & blue bird
Make: avon searider
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin 75's & 90
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
No, I haven't seen it. So this SR6 you're looking for as a project - what kind of money are you prepared to part with, and what sort of condition are you hoping for? This sort of stuff helps people look around for yo
u. The ebay boat further up the thread looked good for the money - did you miss it or think it was a "bit rich" too?
Really want just the hull and source the rest myself, dont even want tubes on it!!!
__________________
fatboyrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:46   #28
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,926
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyrib View Post
Really want just the hull and source the rest myself, dont even want tubes on it!!!
Ah, OK - do we know what an SR6 bare hull fetches these days? Rogue reckons 1500. When you add an engine/s, tubes, steel, a trailer and lekkie, what do you think you'll have paid for it?
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 18:53   #29
Member
 
fatboyrib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wolverhampton
Boat name: patches & blue bird
Make: avon searider
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin 75's & 90
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Ah, OK - do we know what an SR6 bare hull fetches these days? Rogue reckons 1500. When you add an engine/s, tubes, steel, a trailer and lekkie, what do you think you'll have paid for it?
10k and it would be a corker.. built by me and looking brand new!!!! Its not what u know its who u know!
__________________
fatboyrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 19:37   #30
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Not if who you know hasn't got an SR6...

There's a 9m Ribcraft bare hull on ebay at the mo...
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.