Old 02 October 2008, 12:54   #1

Boat name: Western Explorer
Make: Sea People
Length: 9m +
Looking for: U.S. Made Zodiac Hurricane 733 or Larger

I am looking for a Zodiac Hurricane with a U.S. made hull, any condition, any location.

Thank you!
Old 02 October 2008, 14:37   #2

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
I have a 733, US made, ex-military, black hull in good structural condition, black tubes slightly oxidized that hold air well (a couple of small patches), that I am converting from I/O to outboard. I'm about to mount a custom transom extension and prep for painting. A new aft deck has been prepared for mounting a Stidd Special Mission seat, the console is partially modified to accomodate the seat and for using interior as either head/storage or expedition sleeping. I have two late 90's Johnson 150hp outboards for mounting, and another as a spare which are intended for the boat (haven't worked on them at all yet but was told they all ran fine when put into storage...sat a couple of years). Haven't thought of selling it in this form but would consider offers I guess...

Also, if you want an identical hull but not a Zodiac, I'm just about to do sea trials on an ex-military Willard 730 jet (US made) that I've been working on, which has received major upgrades. It has a freshly rebuilt cummins 5.9L 320hp with new starter, alternator, relays, mechanical oil pressure, etc., and wiring loom inspected and all connections serviced; Hamilton 273 jet with new hydraulic pump and hoses; Garmin Marine Network with 3010c plotter, GPS, sounder and GMR 18 radar; VHF; Stidd Special Mission seat at helm with custom seat of matching design mounted on the forward console (the new black polyesther upholstery is not as hot as vinyl); new house wiring including breaker panel and dedicated access in console for central wiring, all wiring in split loom protection and labeled throughout; LED nav lights; custom radar arch; custom heavy duty bow post; hull detailed and freshly painted with Pettit Vivid (grey); Deck and console detailed and freshly painted with Brightside (grey); Multiple access hatches created in console; new forward chain locker access hatch; custom on-deck quick access twin battery storage design; new bilge pump and transducer access hatch; all decks removed for hull and fuel tank inspection (no problems); new inspection plate installed in 35g fuel tank to permit manual cleaning, and new sending unit installed; used grey hypalon tubes with no leaks, multiple grab handles and non-skid surfaces installed - these are structurally very good with cosmetics at about 80%...with a new rub strake it would look great. It sits on a double axle bunk trailer in fair mechanical condition. I've attached a couple of pictures for reference.

I haven't fixed the price yet for this boat but it will be at the higher end...need to look at the current market a bit first, but would be happy to consider offers.
bryan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1536.JPG
Views:	1243
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	37844   Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1537.JPG
Views:	912
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	37845  
Old 05 October 2008, 16:18   #3

Thanks Sunrider. I appreciate the reply and information.

I have actually been doing some more research and need to change my criteria a bit. I am looking for a Zodiac that I can have documented and certified to carry passengers (more than 6) in US waters. In talking with the Coast Guard I am realizing that I would probably want to start with a boat that is in fairly good condition (newer tubes, solid hull, etc.). Also, I will probably have to go with outboards in order to reserve space for passengers. I would prefer a diesel inboard with jet drive, but would need a fairly large boat to accommodate that set up.
Old 04 November 2008, 06:20   #4

Town: Imperial Beach, CA
Boat name: Cobra, Otter, Kong:)
Make: I love zodiacs!!!~
Length: 5m +
Engine: Prefer outboards
Are you still looking for a 733??

I have a totally redone 733 coast gaurd interceptor with a 300hp yanmar.

google 733 zodiac OTH and you will find this boat.

Super fun and equiped with 5 motor cycle seats I could talk more but lets see if you are still looking for one.

JP
Old 06 November 2008, 03:46   #5

Are you still looking for a 733??

I am still looking. Do you have a few pics? Any idea what you might want for it?

It looks like you are in Hermosa Beach, correct? I will be in San Diego in January. Maybe I could come up to see it then.

Thank you!
Old 07 November 2008, 07:25   #6

Big red 733

mY FRIEND HAS ALL THE PICS BEEN TO BUSY ENJOYING IT AND CIRCLING SANTA CRUZ AND ROSA FOR SURF.

i WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICS POSTED
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMGP3198.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	38664   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3199.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	38665   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3201.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	38666   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3208.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	38667   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3259.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	38668  

Old 11 November 2008, 02:53   #7

Thanks for the pics.

How much are you asking for it?
Old 15 November 2008, 05:34   #8

733 Zodiac OTH

I have it listed for $69,000 on yacht world it should be out by now, You just can't find anything like it out there. The durabilty, speed, dependability, and economy.

I have a 3 boat quiver and this rounds it all out. I have a 540 hurricane as tender, a 28 ft albin as my main boat and the 733 as a fast hit and run boat for diving and surf trips to the island.

I did a lot of research and since they start off at $148000 the parts alone equal well over the the $69000.

Yanmars 300hp go for around $35000, bravo 2 drives 10-15K as for the hull or the tubes well its up there not to mention all the little things and a trailer etc.

I mean I could let it go. But it would be sorely missed I was hoping to get alot of usage out of it next summer.

If you are serious lets talk.
Old 15 November 2008, 05:39   #9

24 foot willard for sale

I do have a 24 foot willard for sale I would take $29,000 it is in excellent condition!! check it out on ebay look up willard rib and you will find it.

My friend has the spec sheets and it would make the certification alot easier to get for passenger use.

Let me know, this may be in your price range and also meet your needs
Old 16 November 2008, 21:27   #10

I like the Zodiac a lot, although it may be a bit out of my budget with the mods that I would have to do to set it up as a tour boat. I will have to think about it.

Do you have any paperwork showing that the Zodiac's hull was laid up in the US? How much work have you done to it since getting it from the Coast Guard? Also, can you give me the dimensions on the engine cover?

By the way, the yachtworld ad lists the boat as an Aluminum OTH MKIII.

The Willard looks like a nice boat but definitely wouldn't work with the mid engine design.

Thanks!
Old 28 November 2008, 03:17   #11

Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard 315 HP Diese
How Fast "I love RIBS?"

I was wondering how fast your 733 with the Yanmar 300 HP goes? I am in the process of restoring essentially the same boat and am curious what I might expect. Thank you
Old 10 December 2008, 17:49   #12

Town: Palm City, FL
Boat name: Mick 1, McRIB
Make: Willard
Engine: Diesel Stern Drives
Orca If you are on the east coast and have a need. I have the same 733 OTH as you see in Ca. I will rent/lease or (reluctantly) sell the boat as appropriate. Contact me by email for more details and photos.

When I picked the boat up from the auction the Coast Guard (the seller) would not issue any paperwork on the boat which you need to use it as a commercial documented vessel. It can be documented that it was US made. They will also not issue you a Certificate of Origin. So I would suggest if you buy one of these boats from an auction is to state title it and then begin the normal process of documenting the boat with the Coast Guard. Then begin the commercial vessel paperwork to use it for hire for more than six passengers. Quite frankly if you have an OTH and need more than six passengers you are too crowded anyway.

For Faeroes8 asking about speed and your rebuild project my boat hit 50mph on the GPS the other day in sea trials. If you would like any other information on the challenges you are facing contact me. I am almost finished and pretty well know what you are facing. Also the engine is 315hp which is a military model and has its own set of maintenance manuals. She is slow to accelerate but look out once she gets moving.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WebActionBowOn.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	39263   Click image for larger version

Name:	WebStbSide.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	39264  
MASATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2009, 01:33   #13

733 zodiac diesel for sale

I have a 733 oth listed on ribnet check it out.

Jp
310-614-614-8000
Old 05 December 2010, 10:18   #14

Town: halifax
Boat name: Hurricane
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Engine: twin 150 hp Evinrude
Zodiac Hurricane 733

Good morning,

I am selling my 733. The Hull is in excellent condition. 1995
The sponsons were replaced with Zodiac original spec approx 2007.
Vessel was used by RCMP Coastal Watch and sold @ auction.