Old 02 September 2010, 12:58   #1
Zan

Town: Glasgow
Make: Avon SR 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90HP Yamaha Outboard
5m Dive RIB Wanted

I'm looking for a 5m RIB suitable for diving and driving around the west coast of Scotland in time for next year's season. Since I have a post-97 driving licence we are a bit constrained by the towing weight and so are not looking for anything over 5.3m in length. Ideally looking for something like a Humber Destroyer or Ocean Pro \ Tornado \ XS \ Delta or similar, with engine (60-90HP) and trailer. Budget is £4-5k depending on what is included.

I am based in Glasgow, but happy to travel within a reasonable distance to view or trial the boat. Please let me know if you know of anything going.

Cheers!
Zan
Old 18 September 2010, 14:06   #2
Zan

Town: Glasgow
Make: Avon SR 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90HP Yamaha Outboard
Still looking if anyone knows of anything going?
Old 30 October 2010, 13:09   #3

Town: Portishead
Boat name: Time Theif
Make: Osprey
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc XR2 200HP
Osprey 6.1 Metre Rib

I have an Osprey rib, its a bit bigger than what you are looking for, but its around the 6K mark so its not far out of your budget, details below.
Extensive work done to finish, just a few jobs to finish properly. Wiring of Nav lights, bilge pump etc.
Hard nosed Osprey Rib with Merc Race tuned XR2 200 HP outboard (Power Head 2003 offshore Leg approx 1997) .
4 man centre seating console, loads of dry storage, A frame and windscreen fitted, with many other new parts, Power steering, Trim and Tilt pump, wiring loom, controls and cables etc.
Underfloor main tank with auxiliary tank up front giving approx 150 litres of fuel for good a range. Loads of grunt from the engine flattening rough conditions when the engine is trimmed in.
Trailer fitted with new axle, brakes, jockey and spare wheel. The boat has a full winter cover in as new condition.
Tubes in good condition, hull in good condition, engine can be serviced if required. Many receipts and bills to prove all the work. Because of the time of the year and storage costs looking for approx £6500.00, a complete bargain around this sort of price.
Not sure if this could fit the bill, but there is a lot of room on this rib making it a good dive RIB.