Old 13 December 2013, 19:16   #1

Town: durham
Length: 5m +
5 meter rib wanted

Not having much luck in my quest to find a rib. I am looking for a 5 meter or near to that size. Im looking for a good used rib for diving family fun fishing preferably 4 stroke outboard with vhf fish finder that sort of thing. With a good trailor something that needs no work doing to it ready to use. Been looking for a rib now for about 5 months with no luck. There must be a shortage of ribs in the Northeast. If anyone can suggest any other places to look then it would be appreciated. Ive tried Ebay gumtree with no luck. My budget is about £3800
If anybody out there knows of a rib then please let me know. Ive had a few leads but no replies. Im a genuine buyer can collect and pay cash .
Old 13 December 2013, 19:19   #2

Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsafc View Post
Not having much luck in my quest to find a rib. I am looking for a 5 meter or near to that size. Im looking for a good used rib for diving family fun fishing preferably 4 stroke outboard with vhf fish finder that sort of thing. With a good trailor something that needs no work doing to it ready to use. Been looking for a rib now for about 5 months with no luck. There must be a shortage of ribs in the Northeast. If anyone can suggest any other places to look then it would be appreciated. Ive tried Ebay gumtree with no luck. My budget is about £3800
If anybody out there knows of a rib then please let me know. Ive had a few leads but no replies. Im a genuine buyer can collect and pay cash .
Maybe you have to be prepared to travel outside the northeast? I travelled 160 miles in August to collect my '5 metre' and am delighted.
Old 13 December 2013, 19:23   #3

Ive got the transport and am willing to travel. That's not a problem what so ever.
Old 13 December 2013, 19:33   #4

There just seems to be a shortage of ribs. lots of scammers advertising on websites that sort of thing.
Old 13 December 2013, 19:33   #5

Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsafc View Post
Ive got the transport and am willing to travel. That's not a problem what so ever.
Well, I guess the next issue is how much work you're prepared to do once you've secured your 'ideal' rib? Your budget suggests you might need to invest a few quid on top of the initial purchase price to arrive at your perfect rib.
Old 28 December 2013, 18:31   #6

Town: west wales
Make: humber destroyer 5m
Engine: 90 yamaha
I would respectfully suggest that you need to be prepared to spend a bit more money to get what you are looking for with no work needed.
A good second hand trailer for a 5m rib is going to cost between £600 and £800
A good fourstroke engine will be starting from £1500 for a small one (30hp) to £3000 plus for a sixty or seventy.
A decent 5m hull with good tubes is going to be £2k plus
Then there is steering, console fish finder etc etc
A good 5m rib for £3800 on a trailer with a decent sized fourstroke engine could be split into trailer ,hull and engine and sold for £5000 plus fairly easily.
I've got a 5m humber with no patches and a 60 Yamaha two stroke, on a good trailer in ready to use condition that will be for sale when the sun comes out for £4000 plus.
With a latish seventy four stroke it would be worth at least £5500
Old 29 December 2013, 21:41   #7

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Bang on the money!!

I've offered Trevor my 5m humber (it's a 5.3 as it happens) with a suzi 4 stroke for £5000 (it's also in good nick) but he does have a limited budget & can't stretch to that.

I've since got a buyer on the 4 stroke with a mariner 2 stroke trade in, which makes the boat just about within Trevor's budget.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get in touch with him since the price (and spec) have changed.
Old 30 December 2013, 13:57   #8

Pictures

Hello Daniel, I was waiting to see the photographs that you said you would send me when the Rib was ready. So if you can send me up to date photos of the rib as it stands then we will take it from there. Cheers Trevor
Old 30 December 2013, 19:04   #9

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Great stuff Trevor I did try a PM, an email and a telephone call but hey-ho !!

I'm on my hols until next week so will snap off some piccys and send over early next week.

Tags
rib