Old 12 February 2010, 02:40   #11

Town: Melbourne
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 150
Thanks for the replies Screaming04 and Apherel. It now looks like I have ended up hijacking the thread with my first post, sorry tsijon. Apherel, I'll drop you a pm, so as not to change the tack of this thread too much.

In the mean time, anyone with thoughts on the op's question? How does the build quality of the Zodiac look these days?

I'm off to check out the availability of these other models Apherel has suggested now!

Old 12 February 2010, 14:33   #12

Town: Vancouver
Boat name: Bombard 480
Length: 4m +
Good information from all....really I was wondering if there were any serious issues with the PRO 650. I understand they are dropping the SHARC material and going to Hypalon as military is requiring it - I believe Hypalon is standard on the 2010's. Also they had a floor/fuel tank separation issue in the mid-2000 models which was fixed.

Regarding the 24 degree hull is that good or bad to handle the rough seas?

Old 12 February 2010, 16:43   #13

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsijon View Post
Good information from all....really I was wondering if there were any serious issues with the PRO 650. I understand they are dropping the SHARC material and going to Hypalon as military is requiring it - I believe Hypalon is standard on the 2010's. Also they had a floor/fuel tank separation issue in the mid-2000 models which was fixed.

Regarding the 24 degree hull is that good or bad to handle the rough seas?
My understanding is the Open Pro 650 is still made with Sharc Duotex material, however the Open Pro 550 is available in optional Hypalon-Neoprene. The Pro series is available in Duotex to 550 and Hypalon through the range from 420 to 850.

Prices in the UK for the Open Pro 650 start at 19.5k for a bare boat rising to over 37k rigged with a 175hp.

It's a category B RIB so is more than capable of hitting the rough stuff. The 24 degree hull deadrise should give a comfortable ride. This picture offers a good illustration of what looks like quite an aggressive hull. These girls get about a bit don't they? Oh to work in Zodiac PR...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro650.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	49149