Town: Gothenburg
Boat name: Diventure X
Make: Ribcraft 850 SC
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DF300
Send a message via Skype™ to mattiasb
Zodiac CZ7 and Mercury Verado

Hi,
I'd like to know more on the new CZ7 RIB as well as Mercury's Verado series. It's hard to find information and experience from both boat and engine here (in Sweden).

Anyone who can help me on where to find more info or has own personal experience and verdict on either these - please tell me more!

BRGDS
Matt

Braåhaprylar.com
mattiasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2004, 14:33   #2

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
I am sure I read somewhere that the CZ7 costs a cool U$180,000.
(Makes Scorpions look value for money!)
Old 24 September 2004, 15:06   #3

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Have a look here for first hand experience of the Verado: http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....ghlight=verado .

The CZ7 is featured in the current RIB International magazine (although on the cover they refer to it as the C27!).

HTH
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2004, 16:11   #4

Town: San Diego.California
Boat name: Bayshots
Make: XS-550
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90
zodiac web site

lots of good stuff and fun video here
http://www.zodiaccz7.com/

cheers Dal
Old 24 September 2004, 17:59   #5

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Don't bother with a CZ7 - WAY overpriced - if you want a better boat there are plenty around - something like a Scorpion - Revenger etc etc with Ullman seats - they cost about £2000 each but that is about the only advantage the CZ7 has!

http://www.ullmans.com/dynamics/index.htm

The seats may be cheaper where you are - it's a Swedish company!!!
Old 24 September 2004, 18:34   #6

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
I took a ride on the CZ7 when it was introduced. It's essentially the same 24' RIB that Zodiac has been selling to the military and commercial market for many years - I have one. One difference, however, is that the transom braket for the outboards extends all the way to the bottom, effectively extending the LOA and largely offsetting the weight of the outboards. The conditions were to calm to get a feeling for how this may affect performance.

Also, the hull and many construction materials used throughout the boat will not burn - so it's safer to some degree. The Ullman seats are different from stock ones - in this case Zodiac licensed the right to modify the seat to their preference. They seemed reasonably comfortable, but the seas were calm so I can't comment further. Everything else are expensive add-ons that can be reproduced or purchased locally at less cost. My impression was that it was a great boat, but you could get identical capability at a fraction of the price in many other boats.
Old 24 September 2004, 20:13   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrider
I took a ride on the CZ7 when it was introduced. It's essentially the same 24' RIB that Zodiac has been selling to the military and commercial market for many years - I have one. One difference, however, is that the transom braket for the outboards extends all the way to the bottom, effectively extending the LOA and largely offsetting the weight of the outboards. The conditions were to calm to get a feeling for how this may affect performance.

Also, the hull and many construction materials used throughout the boat will not burn - so it's safer to some degree. The Ullman seats are different from stock ones - in this case Zodiac licensed the right to modify the seat to their preference. They seemed reasonably comfortable, but the seas were calm so I can't comment further. Everything else are expensive add-ons that can be reproduced or purchased locally at less cost. My impression was that it was a great boat, but you could get identical capability at a fraction of the price in many other boats.

You say about the transom bracket - is it a hydraulic jack as well or fixed - or were you to busy enjoying yourself to notice!!!
Old 24 September 2004, 21:19   #8

Town: Stockholm
Boat name: Osprey & Ring
Make: Osprey & Ring
Length: 9m +
Engine: Plenty
Quote:
The seats may be cheaper where you are - it's a Swedish company!!!
No!!!!!
Old 25 September 2004, 00:53   #9

Town: Fairfield
Boat name: Sunrider
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7.3
Engine: MerCruiser (bio)diesel 180hp I/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
You say about the transom bracket - is it a hydraulic jack as well or fixed - or were you to busy enjoying yourself to notice!!!
The bracket is fixed aluminum add-on that spans the transom fully (hull is GRP), and from just above the waterline to the bottom of the hull. At the bottom it's flush with the hull and acts as an extension. It's not adjustable. I haven't been able to find a good picture of it, but have played with the one attached to bring out the features as best I could. I was definately enjoying myself, but was very interested in the bracket because I've considered duplicating it with inboard RIBs I prefer to convert to outboards.
Bryan
Old 26 September 2004, 21:56   #10

Town: Tampere
Make: Atlantic 21, Avon SR4.0
Length: 6,9 m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI x2
Codprawn, according to Zodiac, the CZ7 hull is based on Hurricane 733 design and even built in a same way. If this is true as expected after seeing the price, the boat is in completely the different category as Scorpions and Revengers. Revenger is really a pleasureboat with quality far from military grade. I have driven a lot of military/commercial Boomerangers, for example last three days and nights, and Revenger (also tested them for hundreds of miles) is nothing near their construction and bad weather performance. Hurricane is equal or even better to Boomeranger, so there's much more different than Ullman seats in those boats.

Scorpion quality is not familiar to me in person, but as far as I have heard experineces from them, they are also far from military level. Still well suitable for pleasure use, but we should not say that Ford Focus will make the same job as Hummer...:-)
Old 27 September 2004, 00:12   #11

Town: Sydney
Make: Gemini
Length: 5.05
Engine: 85hp Yamaha
LOL Pitkis

I am sure Scorpion will be DELIGHTED to be compared to the Ford Focus...

(actually the Focus isn't a bad car tbh...
Old 27 September 2004, 01:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis
Codprawn, according to Zodiac, the CZ7 hull is based on Hurricane 733 design and even built in a same way. If this is true as expected after seeing the price, the boat is in completely the different category as Scorpions and Revengers. Revenger is really a pleasureboat with quality far from military grade. I have driven a lot of military/commercial Boomerangers, for example last three days and nights, and Revenger (also tested them for hundreds of miles) is nothing near their construction and bad weather performance. Hurricane is equal or even better to Boomeranger, so there's much more different than Ullman seats in those boats.

Scorpion quality is not familiar to me in person, but as far as I have heard experineces from them, they are also far from military level. Still well suitable for pleasure use, but we should not say that Ford Focus will make the same job as Hummer...:-)
I think you will find that it's the Scorpions and Revengers that hold most of the offshore records like the fastest around Britain etc - constant high speed in very rough weather!

There are plenty of good British commercial designs as well such as Avon Delta etc etc.
Old 27 September 2004, 01:55   #13

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Scorpions and Revengers are not built to Mil spec. far from it in fact, they are built with a degree of refinement and with an eye to saving some weight where possible this isn't the case with a military boat. I agree with your comment about British commercial manufacturers not forgetting Halmatic or Ocean Dynamics

I think a better automobile analagy would have been the difference between a BMW and a Hummer
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote