Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 February 2014, 19:18   #11
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Get yer money up front
I know nothing about this company - I have a real engine lol 4 stroke Yammie - hides lol

38 per gallon - looks like could negotiate more if buying more...

http://www.ribstuff.com/shop/xd100-m...-special-copy/
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 03:23   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
I know nothing about this company - I have a real engine lol 4 stroke Yammie - hides lol

38 per gallon - looks like could negotiate more if buying more...

Shop | RIB Stuff
Yep Ribstuff is run by Quinquari. If I were buying a few gallons that's where I would go.... with shipping on 6 gallons it comes in at about 44.

However the purpose of this thread is to try and get that price down to a more palatable 30....

The main issue is distribution. If anyone can suggest a way of doing this then let me know. I am waiting to confirm prices with UKMAIL and UPS who both carry liquids and more importantly will still insure the packages against damage or loss. Its looking like it will be between 20 and 30 for a 20 litre container. so the price could be as low as 35 per Gallon including the container and shipping.
__________________

__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 05:30   #13
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yep Ribstuff is run by Quinquari. If I were buying a few gallons that's where I would go.... with shipping on 6 gallons it comes in at about 44. However the purpose of this thread is to try and get that price down to a more palatable 30.... The main issue is distribution. If anyone can suggest a way of doing this then let me know. I am waiting to confirm prices with UKMAIL and UPS who both carry liquids and more importantly will still insure the packages against damage or loss. Its looking like it will be between 20 and 30 for a 20 litre container. so the price could be as low as 35 per Gallon including the container and shipping.
That's where I ordered my XD100 from Ribstuff with VAT + delivery worked out at about 40 a tub the guy told me he couldn't do it for less than 38 a tub no matter how much I bought I did think about buying the 45gallon drum but didn't work out that much cheaper by the time you've messed about filling containers then sending them off to others I thought 40 was a good price
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S NW Division
All good thing's come to those who wait!!.
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 05:36   #14
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
That's where I ordered my XD100 from Ribstuff with VAT + delivery worked out at about 40 a tub the guy told me he couldn't do it for less than 38 a tub no matter how much I bought I did think about buying the 45gallon drum but didn't work out that much cheaper by the time you've messed about filling containers then sending them off to others I thought 40 was a good price
+1 but suppose depends how much you use, and how much "spare" cash you want to tie up, how much you value your time messing around, chasing strangers for money - to save few pounds.

Different if everybody was local or you knew everybody ..,

S.
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.