Old 09 September 2003, 19:38   #1

Town: Great Harwood, Lancs
Boat name: Tigger II
Make: Bombardier Aerodeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 25HP
Wreck dives

Have been getting back into diving after only "playing" for the last 20 years.

Does any one know any good shallow say 20M or less wreck dives aroung North Wales, Morecombe bay and IOM.

I dont mine ones a way offshore as they are likly to be less "picked at".

Quite fancy a few trips out from Fleetwood.

Also does any one have any dive details for the wreck at N5'.53.61" W 3'.34.79" I belive called the Monteall.

Thanks Gary
Old 09 September 2003, 19:49   #2

Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
There is tons of diving to be had around Anglesey. I believe there is a book available, called "Anglesey Wrecks and Reefs" or similar, which I am going to get hold of when I move to Wales. My current dive club does nearly all their sea diving out of Treardur Bay, just round from Holyhead.
Old 09 September 2003, 20:08   #3

Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
Also, whenever you do any dives off North Wales, gimme a shout, I might be interested in tagging along.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...458747-2607863
Old 12 September 2003, 12:07   #4

Town: Upavon, Wiltshire
Boat name: Dromedary
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6.55
Engine: Honda 130
I have done over 1000 dives off N. Wales and it is one of the best areas for good wrecks. One you could try is the Royal Charter near Molfre it sank with lots of gold bulion and Australian miners many of whom drowned when she sank as they were returning with their new found fortunes in gold soverigns there are still some to be found.

PM me if you need any more info as the book dives are often over dived and so not as interesting.

John
Old 14 September 2003, 19:33   #5

Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Length: 6m +
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
Hi Gary
Nice to see you out there today. Daughter has spent day wiith ridiculous big grin after their lifeboat excercise with that helicopter. Second cox'n had grin wiped from his face as crew had jacked it up with the copter to dunk him again and again and etc etc

We had a dive club over last week for a level 2 course who regularly dive a wreck a few miles off blackpool and also the Montreal. Having dived off there myself shall we say the vis is not the best in the world. Sometimes see better if you close your eyes!!!!
They are coming back for a radio course and some more level 2s - I'll get you a contact name. They are actually from round your neck of the woods.
Old 16 September 2003, 10:50   #6

Town: Great Harwood, Lancs
Boat name: Tigger II
Make: Bombardier Aerodeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 25HP
Hi Dave

Yes it was good to get out on Sunday, should have stopped out their longer really, but it was a bit lumpy for fishing.
Went over to have a look at the excercise, and after checking ir was a excercise and not a real job watched for a while.

If it was the RAF from Valley its prob the same one we train with, great fun being winched, then trying to walk away and keep your feet with the down draft.

I have joined, well am in the process of joining, a dive club in the town where I live, Great Harwood. They had great pleasure in telling me about their wondeful "BIG" dive boat, a 5.5M Humber. Have not told then I have a RIB yet but will be using it for hoepfully many dives in and around north wales after all I can get their as fast by boat as by car.

The Montreal is one I got told about and think I have found on the chart but could not find out much info.

Suspected the vis would be poor with any wreck around that area but if they any much good for diving it worth knowing where they are to fish them .

Need to get my PB2 done some time toghther with the wife but would need to do on different days due to kids.

Let me know when you running courses and I will tie up with you to get one done.

Regards Gary