Old 19 March 2017, 16:42   #11

Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil M View Post
Mine isn't a bench but makes a good jockey seat for an adult and small child(7 yo). He can rest his feet on the middle bar and there is a webbing handle to hang on to. The battery box is used for general storage and has fishing tackle in it at the moment but comes out in seconds. At some point I plan to put some mesh netting in the top part of the rack to make a glove, hood and mask store for when diving.

Attachment 118542

The top is held in by 2 bolts and a plate.

Attachment 118543.

With the top off it looks like this, although I hadn't finished fitting it when the last photo was taken.

Phil
How much can this cost?
Looks lovely.
Is it attached at the 2 touching points/plates with the jocky fiber or only the upper plate?

Old 19 March 2017, 17:08   #12

Town: Whitehaven
Boat name: Pegasus
Make: Zodiac Pro 530
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115hp Merc 4st
The cost was almost nothing to me. I was given the frame and the cushion is an offcut of ply with about £8 worth of foam and vinyl. The frame is attached by bolts through the deck and 4 M6 bolts to the jockey console (M6 are stronger than most people think). The cushion is held down by the front Bradley and bolt to the cushion and the rear plate to the frame. The steel plates were also made from offcuts. I'm lucky that I have a full workshop, lathe, drill and welding capability at home so can make stuff like this, although the frame would be beyond my capabilities.

Phil M

Old 19 March 2017, 17:10   #13

Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil M View Post
The cost was almost nothing to me. I was given the frame and the cushion is an offcut of ply with about £8 worth of foam and vinyl. The frame is attached by bolts through the deck and 4 M6 bolts to the jockey console (M6 are stronger than most people think). The cushion is held down by the front Bradley and bolt to the cushion and the rear plate to the frame. The steel plates were also made from offcuts. I'm lucky that I have a full workshop, lathe, drill and welding capability at home so can make stuff like this, although the frame would be beyond my capabilities.

Phil M