Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 October 2009, 23:05   #1
Member
 
Country: New Zealand
Town: Tauranga
Boat name: Extra Pleasure
Make: Atomix
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard 60HP 2Strke
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 182
Who's feeling creative? Bridle lifter

Hey,

Get your creative juices going...

See my great drawing attached...

Basically, bridle and tow rope for biscuitting etc are quite low due to transom mounts and get caught in water/wake, which while is fun to watch the biscutter get spun around as it slacks, it's not ideal....

I don't want to spend any money (so one of these expensive steel runners that sticks up high isn't really an option)...

So I was wondering how creative and engineer-able everyone is...

Best idea gets a prize... (glory)...

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bridle.gif
Views:	249
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	46995  
__________________

__________________
rjbathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2009, 03:12   #2
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbathgate View Post
Hey,

Get your creative juices going...

See my great drawing attached...

Basically, bridle and tow rope for biscuitting etc are quite low due to transom mounts and get caught in water/wake, which while is fun to watch the biscutter get spun around as it slacks, it's not ideal....

I don't want to spend any money (so one of these expensive steel runners that sticks up high isn't really an option)...

So I was wondering how creative and engineer-able everyone is...

Best idea gets a prize... (glory)...

Cheers
Bungee rope off the top of the aframe connected to the bridle would also take the slack on the rope and reduce the stresses on the rig
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2009, 16:17   #3
Member
 
Country: New Zealand
Town: Tauranga
Boat name: Extra Pleasure
Make: Atomix
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard 60HP 2Strke
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post
Bungee rope off the top of the aframe connected to the bridle would also take the slack on the rope and reduce the stresses on the rig
Reckon the bungee would signifactly reduce the stress on the arch/rig?

Quite a bit of force on the tow rope sometimes hey...
__________________
rjbathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 03:38   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbathgate View Post
Reckon the bungee would signifactly reduce the stress on the arch/rig?

Quite a bit of force on the tow rope sometimes hey...
could you use the arch and run a line forward from it tied off to something solid to help ?
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 04:29   #5
Member
 
m chappelow's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
mount a fishing rod outboard or a springy g.r.p pole of some sort and fix it to that ,
__________________
m chappelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 07:22   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
Ian M's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Milton
Boat name: Jianna
Make: Osprey
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 E-TEC
MMSI: 235076954
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post
could you use the arch and run a line forward from it tied off to something solid to help ?
If you can arrange for some sort of guide on your 'A' frame, just run the bungee or even a rope over the top of your 'A' frame, and tie it off to a hard point in the boat. That way your 'A' frame, arch, or whatever you want to call it, will have very little stress on it.
__________________
Ian

Dust creation specialist
Ian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 08:27   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
If you can arrange for some sort of guide on your 'A' frame,......
How long do you reckon that would take to rig up?

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 09:17   #8
Member
 
camtheribman's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: fife
Boat name: top dog
Make: avon searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: yamaha 40
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 282
Send a message via MSN to camtheribman
is it an inboard or outboard? i think i have a plan
__________________
Yawn :O
camtheribman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 11:56   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtheribman View Post
is it an inboard or outboard? i think i have a plan
Is it a cunning plan???
__________________
www.speedshift.co.uk
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2009, 13:16   #10
Member
 
camtheribman's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: fife
Boat name: top dog
Make: avon searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: yamaha 40
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 282
Send a message via MSN to camtheribman
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Is it a cunning plan???
it is indeed but engine may get in the way so i'm thinking of how i can adapt it
__________________

__________________
Yawn :O
camtheribman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.