Old 08 September 2003, 21:16   #1

Which RIB?

Need some help here, I am going to purchase a rib for lesiure use around the uk coast but seem to be a bit lost on which boat i should be purchasing. it needs to be secondhand and okay for a beginer to use.
After quite a bit of searching i have decided it needs to be about 4 to 4.8m long, 40 to 60hp.

Can anyone help with any makes and models and offer any advise on buying and owning.

Thanks Leigh
Old 09 September 2003, 08:21   #2

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Which Rib

Hi leigh

Use the search facility to search for buying a second hand or new rib and see whats been talked about in the past, there has been lots of discussion about what to look for and what type or size of engine suits which boat and lots about sizes of boat.

Suppose really it all comes down to how much you wana spend and what you want to use the boat for.
Have a look and see what you can search out and if you still have question please dont hesitate to ask.

Rat
Old 09 September 2003, 09:28   #3

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Where to look

There are lots of fabulous ribs on the market at a million and one prices both new and used. I'd start by looking at lots of pictures to get a feel for what you could see yourself in. Just like looking at cars really, what do you like the look of and as always, yep we all like the look of the £40K ML however in reality £$£$ determines what we really drive. Therefore, in the first instance look at boatsandoutboards.com in the rib section where you'll see a lot of pics. Make a note of the model you like and search the manufacturers web site for more info, get a brochure, do your research and start looking on-line. Autotrader is also good as is loot. It's now the bottom of the season so don't be affraid to bid someone in the pants. Finally, go and look at lots of boats, kick plenty of tyres so to speak and ask lots of questions. Before long and having seen a few you'll get an idea for whats good and whats priced accordingly. Further, seek advice on here, there's a lot of helpful knowledgeable chaps willing to advise.