Old 24 December 2008, 09:24   #21

Town: hoorn
Make: X craft
Length: 8m +
for sale

i have a Revenger 25 for sale with a Mercury 250 pro xs.
built in 2007. only 120 engine hours. incl gps, clarion, radio/cd, ski eyelet, trailer, cover etc.
€39900,-
pm me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010902.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	39465   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010908.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	39466   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010904.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	39467  
Old 26 December 2008, 15:31   #22

Town: Lymington
Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc. 150 Outboard
MMSI: Lucederterv...?
Ribeye - Went out the summer before last in out Solent 6.5 with 3 Ribeyes a Shakespeare and another boat, I forget which, on a wee jaunt over to Alderney for the day. Great fun, but we had a good 3 knots on the Ribeyes with the same and more powerful engines than our 150 opti. Partly I'd atribute this to their tubes not touching the water and the fact they looked like they were rocking at high speeds. We had 6 adults on board, and theirs with 3 people upwards weren't keeping pace. The 6m Shakespeare was however, and I think they could have taken us. It was flat seas and I've heard better things about Ribeyes rough weather performance. Personally though I wouldn't.

Shakespeare - What I've seen and heard I've liked.

Revenger - They just look so cool, who cares if they perform!

Redbay - If you can afford one, go for it, the build quality is excellent and they are some of the best foul weather boats, however aesthetically they are lacking somewhat, so for a family boat, maybe not.

Scorpion - Awesome, looks the part does the tricks, but the price tags attached - mostly your paying for the name I think, but the quality of build, from what I've seen in their factory (shed) is really great, maybe biased though cos I get on with the guys there being local.

We too are considering the next step in terms of boat size, the 6.5 Solent wasn't so amusing in a force 7/8 on the way to Weymouth, and a little more length may meet our requirements, especially maintaining some sembelence of speed in big sharp seas. Of course a Scorpion would be great, so i'll start planning a bank robbery now... :S

This probably wasn't hugely helpful, but it's my observations about some of the boats discussed above. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year one and all
Old 26 December 2008, 17:34   #23

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribomaniatic View Post
Ribeye - Went out the summer before last in out Solent 6.5 with 3 Ribeyes a Shakespeare and another boat, I forget which, on a wee jaunt over to Alderney for the day. Great fun, but we had a good 3 knots on the Ribeyes with the same and more powerful engines than our 150 opti. Partly I'd atribute this to their tubes not touching the water and the fact they looked like they were rocking at high speeds. We had 6 adults on board, and theirs with 3 people upwards weren't keeping pace. The 6m Shakespeare was however, and I think they could have taken us. It was flat seas and I've heard better things about Ribeyes rough weather performance. Personally though I wouldn't.
I think that the fact their tubes don't touch the water is not going to have a detrimental effect on speed quite the opposite in fact. The fact they were slower could have been down to you running a lightweight set up compared to the heavy Yamaha powered Ribeye. Also I think the solent does have a shallower hull in comparisson so would outperform the Ribeye in calm conditions.

Quote:
Revenger - They just look so cool, who cares if they perform!
No comment

Quote:
Redbay - If you can afford one, go for it, the build quality is excellent and they are some of the best foul weather boats, however aesthetically they are lacking somewhat, so for a family boat, maybe not.
As they are "some of the best foul weather boats" would that not make them ideal as a family boat

Quote:
This probably wasn't hugely helpful

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2008, 18:10   #24

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Quote:
Ribeye - Went out the summer before last in out Solent 6.5 with 3 Ribeyes a Shakespeare and another boat, I forget which, on a wee jaunt over to Alderney for the day. The 6m Shakespeare was however, and I think they could have taken us.
Shakespeare - What I've seen and heard I've liked.
The Shakespeare was a 7.2, not a 6m, and yes, I think we could have taken you, but we were only 2 up!

The other boat was a Ribcraft 585 with 140hp suzuki 4 stroke.

And yes, I like my Shakey It's a very spacious rib, and if you like the revenger style, you can now get them with a moulded rear bench seat and outboard well which will take twins!
Old 09 January 2009, 06:21   #25

Town: Boat Lake Geneva
Boat name: Lark
Make: Capelli Cap 32 WA
Length: 10m +
Engine: Yamaha 250x2
MMSI: 235096621
Sorry for not saying thanks to you all for all your help and advice but I have been away for a couple of weeks.

I will have a mooch around excel next week and see whats new, the only problem is that my other half mentioned something about replacing the kitchen........

I see that cobra have relocated, they were rumoured to have gone bust before xmas. They seem to have a good product.
Old 23 January 2009, 11:11   #26

Town: Drachten
Make: Revenger 29ft
Engine: Twin Verado 300
Revenger is a perfeckt boat and can handel all kinda power and sty stabel @ any speed. just a perfeckt allround rib
Old 23 January 2009, 15:43   #27

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Don't stand for that nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjawilson View Post
the only problem is that my other half mentioned something about replacing the kitchen........
Roguetta tried that crap when I waas buying my Scorpion and I thought what can I have more fun in..I bought the Scorp.

I'd reckon all the build quality of Scorps Solents Ribcraft Revenger and the Shakespeare. I ve been to the shakey factory and they do do it right. It's a lot of quality for a fair price
Old 23 January 2009, 18:00   #28

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
Roguetta tried that crap when I waas buying my Scorpion and I thought what can I have more fun in..I bought the Scorp.
Has anyone ever had a fitted kitchen robbed?
Old 27 January 2009, 18:52   #29

Town: Shotts
Boat name: Shakespeare's Play
Make: shakespeare
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp Verado
MMSI: 235066167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Has anyone ever had a fitted kitchen robbed?
yep Mrs DL on a regular basis ......I fitted high end kitchens for a while and still do the odd one ......never did my own though which put the wifs nose out of joint whenever she would get a glimpse of one i had finished .....might treat her next year

I
Old 28 January 2009, 12:30   #30

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post

I'd reckon all the build quality of Scorps Solents Ribcraft Revenger and the Shakespeare. I ve been to the shakey factory and they do do it right. It's a lot of quality for a fair price
You must visit Devon and see if our quality is as good - but then you've seen our boats!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote