Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 September 2006, 06:01   #11
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus
Yes, I've been to see it.
It was on boats and outboards for ages and now it's getting to the end of the season I'd make them an offer linked to a service on the outboard with them paying for any extras to make sure the motor is A1?

James
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 06:10   #12
Jus
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wiltshire
Boat name: At Lantic
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude Etec 75
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim
It was on boats and outboards for ages and now it's getting to the end of the season I'd make them an offer linked to a service on the outboard with them paying for any extras to make sure the motor is A1?

James
The motor has just been serviced, and has full service history. It has done approx 400 hours according to the owners calculations, though the guage only shows 280 for some reason. It was started with muffs and certainly sounds fine.

The gearbox was recently rebuilt (as a precaution after 5 years) and found to be fine and re-assembled with new seals.
__________________

__________________
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 06:28   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
I have the same Osprey Rig, Can't fault it.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 06:42   #14
Jus
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wiltshire
Boat name: At Lantic
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude Etec 75
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers
I have the same Osprey Rig, Can't fault it.
Have you done much cruising round your way with it?

I'd be planning to use mine in Fowey and surrounding coast for alot of the time.
__________________
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 08:20   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus
Have you done much cruising round your way with it?

I'd be planning to use mine in Fowey and surrounding coast for alot of the time.
http://forum.cornwall247.co.uk/

Yeah, we cruise. Check out the above to see what we get upto and it might be of use when you're in our area. We get over to the Scillies as often as the weather allows. The Vipermax is a superb offshore outfit.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 08:38   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
Viper, not Humber
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 09:22   #17
Jus
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wiltshire
Boat name: At Lantic
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude Etec 75
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers
http://forum.cornwall247.co.uk/

Yeah, we cruise. Check out the above to see what we get upto and it might be of use when you're in our area. We get over to the Scillies as often as the weather allows. The Vipermax is a superb offshore outfit.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that. If all goes well I might be in a Viper by the time I'm next down that way
__________________
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 12:45   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that. If all goes well I might be in a Viper by the time I'm next down that way
Get Hugh and Phil Chitty to turn up and that'll be most of the Vipermai in the country.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 16:24   #19
CJL
Member
 
CJL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Ribcrafts
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp/2x115hp
MMSI: 235090215
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,115
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to CJL
I'd recommed this one....

RIBTEC 585 C/W Merc Optimax 135

__________________
www.northernexposurerescue.org.uk
A registered charity supporting events across England and Wales
Follow us on Vimeo and Facebook
CJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 September 2006, 16:29   #20
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL
I'd recommed this one....

RIBTEC 585 C/W Merc Optimax 135

There used to be two of them advertised on the net for most of this year. Was looking at them myself. Tidy looking boats.
__________________

__________________
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.