Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 March 2007, 11:48   #1
Member
 
gtflash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,318
when is a tube past it, if so how much

Recently viewed a 8.1m scorpion. 9years old and through no fault of the makers the tubes look past it. One side is all deflated, several gashes, the outer coloured hypalon is faded and lifting and peeling in several places and worn off by ropes and fenders in others around handles etc... the rubbing strake is even damaged and abraded away. Is this kind of tube damage repairable or would it need a retube. Ive seen something about silly scorpion retube quotes. Anyone else know a rough figure or anyone happy to do scorpion tube work.

Pics to follow tommorrow of damage

Thanks
__________________

__________________
gtflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 12:58   #2
GED
Member
 
GED's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: CONWY/CORFU
Boat name: The Full Morty II
Make: Air Craft/Shakespere
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 300hp/Etec150hp
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
Recently viewed a 8.1m scorpion. 9years old and through no fault of the makers the tubes look past it. One side is all deflated, several gashes, the outer coloured hypalon is faded and lifting and peeling in several places and worn off by ropes and fenders in others around handles etc... the rubbing strake is even damaged and abraded away. Is this kind of tube damage repairable or would it need a retube. Ive seen something about silly scorpion retube quotes. Anyone else know a rough figure or anyone happy to do scorpion tube work.

Pics to follow tommorrow of damage

Thanks
£3k
__________________

__________________
GED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2007, 11:55   #3
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
Recently viewed a 8.1m scorpion. 9years old and through no fault of the makers the tubes look past it. One side is all deflated, several gashes, the outer coloured hypalon is faded and lifting and peeling in several places and worn off by ropes and fenders in others around handles etc... the rubbing strake is even damaged and abraded away. Is this kind of tube damage repairable or would it need a retube. Ive seen something about silly scorpion retube quotes. Anyone else know a rough figure or anyone happy to do scorpion tube work.

Pics to follow tommorrow of damage

Thanks
That's interesting cos when I bought Blue Ice (manufactured in 97) the dark blue tubes were faded but otherwise in excellent condition. Richard can confirm but I would have every expectation that they would still be in similar condition. Sounds like the Scorp you've looked at has been abused!

For re-tubing quotes apart from Scorpion themselves (who make their own tubes) I'd ask Chris @ Henshaws for a ball park quote. From his posts on here he seems like a thoroughly helpful chap.
__________________
Out of the fog......
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2007, 12:29   #4
Member
 
Ribshop's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: River Hamble
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 726
gtflash

We will quite happily take a look FOC, and produce a report and quotation for repair or replacement.

Thanks
__________________
RIB REPAIRS | RE-TUBES | RE-FIT - OUTBOARD SERVICING - ONLINE SHOP FOR RIB & TOHATSU PARTS .
Phone: 01489 556800 www.rib-shop.com
Ribshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2007, 12:45   #5
Member
 
gtflash's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
That's interesting cos when I bought Blue Ice (manufactured in 97) the dark blue tubes were faded but otherwise in excellent condition. Richard can confirm but I would have every expectation that they would still be in similar condition. Sounds like the Scorp you've looked at has been abused!

For re-tubing quotes apart from Scorpion themselves (who make their own tubes) I'd ask Chris @ Henshaws for a ball park quote. From his posts on here he seems like a thoroughly helpful chap.
Hopefully Chris will see this post. Whats his screen name! Ball park figures are all im after right now to see if the scorpion is worth an offer. If it makes it any cheaper she is a hard nose model

Thanks
__________________
gtflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2007, 13:02   #6
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
Hopefully Chris will see this post. Whats his screen name! Ball park figures are all im after right now to see if the scorpion is worth an offer. If it makes it any cheaper she is a hard nose model

Thanks
http://www.rib.net/forum/members/christopher-176.html
__________________
Out of the fog......
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2007, 13:30   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wincanton,Somerset,UK
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
Hopefully Chris will see this post. Whats his screen name! Ball park figures are all im after right now to see if the scorpion is worth an offer. If it makes it any cheaper she is a hard nose model

Thanks
gtflash

Have sent you a PM with a quote for a new set of tubes
__________________

__________________
Chris Hornidge

www.henshaw.co.uk
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.