Old 02 March 2004, 16:32   #11

Town: Salisbury
Length: 5m +
Sell as is

Retro fitting power trim twice would cost you the earth , I have just had to replace a power trim motor and quoted around £350 !

You have to refit the whole lot which is likely to be over £1k each for the units and little chance of finding second hand.

The best way to get the best price for the lowest outlay is simply a spanking good clean , touch of paint here or there , clean / polish of stainless , tidy up wires , fix that dial that hasnt worked recently , new strap on trailer winch etc .. etc...

Sell the fact that its a Humber ( great reputation ) & twin engines offers superb family safety & no expensive power trim to go wrong ! & that this boat would cost you £XXXX to buy new.

Dont the 55's have gas assisted struts so not a problem lifting engines anyway

Regards

Arthur Daley

Old 02 March 2004, 18:06   #12

Town: egham, surrey
Boat name: fender
Make: humber
Length: 6.5m
Engine: twin 55hp mariners
I realy dont want to sell this boat, not because its the most imaculate boat i've ever seen but because it is so perfect for what we use it for. It's so family friendly/safe the kids can skipper it from poole to cowes with the point of a finger without anyone feeling stressed (useally me) and its really nice not haveing to worry where an 8 and 9 year old put there muddy shoes (yes their both boys). Anyway shes going to have to go, as I might have mentioned before I have brand new s/steel props in there boxes which can be negotiated upon other than that im open to offers. If you missed the last post the reason all this has come about is the small matter of my broken neck and back which is going to keep me off the sea for this year (and the mortgage). Thanks to jon fuller for the picture, a great day out, I know he has some great pictures of me in my neck brace,(very fetching) perhaps he might post some of those up for me, thanks jon!!!!!!!

Old 02 March 2004, 18:22   #13

Town: egham, surrey
Boat name: fender
Make: humber
Length: 6.5m
Engine: twin 55hp mariners
good advice matiboy, the whole thing works really well as is unless you have real need for power trim its not a worry I quite often launch at bater slip and also use the boat on the thames and have only ever lifted the engines to clean under them. they do have assist rams and are not a problem to lift up but as i say unless you get very lost you never have to pick them up anyway. I am skint having been off work now for 3 months and have my wedding looming in 5 weeks I cant be spending out any more cash on the old bird, thats as she comes, If you cant pull up a 55hp with assist rams "get down the gym" thats what I say.
Cheers mate