Old 23 July 2009, 08:32   #21

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Which reminds me...we had to have a non-standard A frame made. It clears the up-and-over garage door by 0.5ins The windscreen clears by a massive 0.75 ins
Yep, I also have a "short@rse" frame - Good for scraping knuckles on with manual tilt! The antenna & all round white are on hinges.

I also have the square root of naff all in the way of clearance at the side - which reminds me I for got to mention yesterday there aren't a lot of Sub 2m braked axles out there (another reason I went for the trailer I did). Plenty of unbraked at that size.
Old 23 July 2009, 17:55   #22

Boat name: Little Red
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Hp Suzuki 4 stroke
Lots of good comments there guys.
Certainly food for thought. Am still on the look out for the first rib. If nothing comes up that fits will go for a slightly larger one and keep it at the local marina. So on the hunt for good condition 4m+ with 40/50hp.

Cheers
Euan
Old 23 July 2009, 23:00   #23

Town: bedford
Make: tornado
Engine: outboard 60hp merc
I think a domestic garage is pretty secure, especally if you attach a wheel clamp and it has the big added advantage of enabling work to be done on the boat undercover. It also keeps the tubes out of the sun and allows the engine to be left with the cover off and hence breath and really dry out. You can also manually give the flywheel the occassional turn by hand. I would think that most 5m boats or less would fit particually if the trailer draw bar is removeably.
Old 24 July 2009, 09:06   #24

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
I have a 4m with Aframe in my garage & mate has a 4.5 with the worlds biggest frame for wakeboarding on it . Pictures are on here of mine that 'may' be for sale ( I just dont want to! ) - and its n the south coast & not at all near !
http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27802&page=3
Old 24 July 2009, 09:44   #25

Town: Morecambe
Boat name: Various
Make: Various
Length: 10m +
Engine: Various
Might have to lower the ariels, but I will get it in that hole !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01234.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	44285  
Old 24 July 2009, 17:54   #26

New guy here - hello

I just wanted to add my thoughts on the advantages of keeping it at home. I like to keep all my gear in the boat and keep the empty cooler in there when I'm not using it. Then I just have to add some drinks and ice and I'm ready to go. If you keep it somewhere else you will have to move your gear 4 times every time you take it out - load into your car, into your boat, back into your car, back into your garage. Of course if you are like me you might end up using your boat as a storage area for other garage stuff. Then you'll have to unload that before you go out.

I'm also not a very trusting person with my gear, so I would be worried about leaving the boat or gear anywhere out of sight. (sleepless nights without my baby)

Don't underestimate the length of the trailer tongue and the motor. Measure twice and cut once (nonce actually).

Good luck finding something - hope you love it.

grego