Old 12 January 2019, 03:01   #1

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
What is my rib worth?

So Iíve finished my minor project off with my rib.

Itís roughly 4m long with bombard tubes in a good condition. Iíve repainted the whole boat with hempel paint (white top side, light grey under) fitted a bow seat with removable cushion that has decent sized storage underneath. Has a new foam fake teak floor fitted too. Also has a keel guard fitted.

Boats fitted with trim tabs which keep it lovely and stable and helps bring it on the plane faster when wakeboarding.

The trailers just had new suspension units/hubs/bearings/wheels/tyres; new jockey wheel, hitch & winch.

The engines a 2007 40hp 2stroke mariner marathon (just had a full service) which is lovely and clean. Had two propellers (standard 3 blade & a 10p 4 blade for wakeboarding) and has a decent fuel tank.

Thinking of putting it up for sale but not sure what kind of price as thereís not much to compare it too! Any help would be great! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1131.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	128185Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2022.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	128186Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2042.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	128187Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2043.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	128188Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	128189Click image for larger version

Name:	C919220F-5514-4469-9FDB-BE2CEEAAC10A.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	128190

Old 12 January 2019, 06:06   #2

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
Did you ever get any idea what the hull was from... or do you think it was a one-off?

Old 12 January 2019, 06:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Did you ever get any idea what the hull was from... or do you think it was a one-off?

Never got a clue! I thought it may have been a sea rider but the transom and too many other bits donít match
Old 13 January 2019, 03:53   #4

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Engine: Outboard
£2995

But it is so nice I would keep it if I were you.
Old 13 January 2019, 04:20   #5

I'm struggling with the tiller engine.

You've done a decent job on it by the look of things. Bit i suspect the market is way bigger for a steering wheel.

So now you have a smaller market, who you are hoping will be impressed by a fake teak floor rather than a cheaper 1.5k eBay/gum tree beaten up version.
Old 13 January 2019, 04:32   #6
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
£2995

That is a very precise number for what is a unique boat. (Its probably in the right ball park - should be easy to sell for £2k, youíd struggle to find a buyer at £4K unless itís phenomenal on the water).

I think it looks like it has great potential for someone who wants high speed, has perhaps got used to tiller steering on a sib but is looking for the benefits of a solid hull. But tiller steer, manual start, no console to keep equipment in (or to put a battery, vhf etc out of harms way) mean it doesnt have all the advantages of say a neat SR4 package. Nor does it have a known track record or presumably a CE plate for those who care about such things.

But there are people who would like the simplicity, and youíve done a good job of presenting it tidily so Iím sure youíd find a buyer. What would you replace it with? Itís one of the reasons we have never sold ours - to get something that is significantly better (in function, and condition) Iíd need to more than double what Iíd get for it.
Old 13 January 2019, 04:37   #7

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
That is a very precise number for what is a unique boat. (Its probably in the right ball park - should be easy to sell for £2k, youíd struggle to find a buyer at £4K unless itís phenomenal on the water).

I think it looks like it has great potential for someone who wants high speed, has perhaps got used to tiller steering on a sib but is looking for the benefits of a solid hull. But tiller steer, manual start, no console to keep equipment in (or to put a battery, vhf etc out of harms way) mean it doesnt have all the advantages of say a neat SR4 package. Nor does it have a known track record or presumably a CE plate for those who care about such things.

But there are people who would like the simplicity, and youíve done a good job of presenting it tidily so Iím sure youíd find a buyer. What would you replace it with? Itís one of the reasons we have never sold ours - to get something that is significantly better (in function, and condition) Iíd need to more than double what Iíd get for it.
Yup it is a precise number. You see the OP asked a specific question so I gave him my answer. Getting an answer to the question you ask is not always very forthcoming on this forum
Old 13 January 2019, 05:11   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
Yup it is a precise number. You see the OP asked a specific question so I gave him my answer. Getting an answer to the question you ask is not always very forthcoming on this forum
Were you making him an offer? You should have been more explicit!
Old 13 January 2019, 05:51   #9

Cheers guys!

I was thinking around the 3k/3.5k mark but didnít know if I was dreaming too big!

Itís got a decent sized storage bin under the front seat cushion. The floor stops where the seat starts so itís fairly deep. Enough to put vhf, food for the day, tool kit, warm kit; beers etc etc

For a little boat itís does to really well at what I need it for; wakeboarding, beach runs, pub trips up the river and fishing but I seem to be doing more wakeboarding rather than anything else now. So I was contemplating just getting a 4-stroke jetski just for ease of use. Iíve already had a wakeboat and I canít be bothered with the hassle anymore of something that size .

I reckon one more season and itíll be going up for sale...so watch this space!
Old 13 January 2019, 05:52   #10

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2013.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	128196

Tags
rib