Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 25 March 2015, 11:38   #1

Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
What 6m (Needs to be coded) Rib would you recommend?

Hi, looking for some help. We currently have a requirement for a rib of approx 6m. Its going to be used for a watersports business situated in the Med and it needs to be coded before it leaves the UK.

Its uses will be varied, but include safety boat, boat rides, skiing/wakeboarding/ringos, dolphin/whale watching etc Budget is relatively fluid, but it needs to have visual appeal and be able to handle rough water.

I wont mention anything that we have looked at so far, but would really like your opinions on what you would go for, engine choice will probably come down to what the local suppliers have at the time.

Thanks
Old 25 March 2015, 15:11   #2

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlockedpirate View Post
Hi, looking for some help. We currently have a requirement for a rib of approx 6m. Its going to be used for a watersports business situated in the Med and it needs to be coded before it leaves the UK.

Its uses will be varied, but include safety boat, boat rides, skiing/wakeboarding/ringos, dolphin/whale watching etc Budget is relatively fluid, but it needs to have visual appeal and be able to handle rough water.

I wont mention anything that we have looked at so far, but would really like your opinions on what you would go for, engine choice will probably come down to what the local suppliers have at the time.

Thanks
I could offer you our Parker 680 Jet but for UK coding there is a requirement of emergency steering and here I have no thoughts.

The Parker 680Jet is powered by Mercury Diesel TDI 3.0 265 HP with gear box and water jet
Old 25 March 2015, 21:12   #3

Town: Totnes
Boat name: Aquaflyte
Make: Aquaflyte
Engine: 250 Optimax
I could build you an aquaflyte rib to your spec all our boats are hand made and cat B rated for offshore.

Aquaflyte@outlook.com
Old 29 March 2015, 16:26   #4

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I could offer you our Parker 680 Jet but for UK coding there is a requirement of emergency steering and here I have no thoughts.

The Parker 680Jet is powered by Mercury Diesel TDI 3.0 265 HP with gear box and water jet
Surely some form of emergency tiller could be configured?
Old 29 March 2015, 20:17   #5

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Of course it can or else no jet boats would be coded. The steering is actuated by a hydraulic ram. Sea star Hydrive etc. and all you have to do is put a couple of isolating valves on the Hydraulics and fab up a tiiler receiver to attach a tiller arm if needed to the Pivot point of the Jet Nozzle.

to the OP

i don't have a boat for sale so my input is neutral

Your requirements would be easily met by a few makes to be hones the Aquaflytes I saw n the Round Ireland event were quite impressive. and the Parkers a good boat as well

Nobody ever went wong buying an Avon, Osprey, Delta, MST or Ribcraft.

When you said the engine choice would be decided d by local availability please bear in you cant get a boat coded without an engine in it as far as I know, but if you can you would certainly need to have all the infrastructure in place.

I am also not entirely sure if a 6 metre in board diesel is suitable for your requirements. The diesel takes a lot of room in the Rib's body and that is valuable space that you can put passengers arses on.

As i recall the Med isn't a very demanding sea but very sunny so you want to Avoid PVC toobs and orange and RED as it fades quicker
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rib