Originally Posted by dubrus
Why are they better than a good balaclava? That is what I'm struggling with really.
I can't honestly say, I've never worn a balaclava on a RIB. However:
- I imagine a balaclava on a rib at speed might make some security staff anxious; and if they have guns I really don't want them getting twitchy!
- The thing annoys my lot is the stinging of salt spray in their eyes.
- In Scotland it can be warm and wet - I don't necessarily want heat if I can keep the spray off.
- Balaclavas get itchy when you wear them for a long time.
- Ordinary balaclavas get soggy when wet. Obv, neoprene ones will be better - but might be worse for some of the above.
Or, a balclava and a ghetto if you prefer.
yes, on a proper winter's day that seems wise and the gecko will protect the balaclava too.