Old 14 August 2013, 19:42   #21

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Rory
Make: Northcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 75hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Diesel View Post
Orange Humber Destroyer 6.5 with Mariner 150 Optimax (Willies boat which he's now sold & bought a sweet Delta 7.5x with a Yamaha F225)

Blue & Yellow Tornado 7.5 with Yamaha F250 (My own boat, in the picture it has the original 300 Yamaha hpdi fitted, by I recently re-powered with a fourstroke 250 Yam)

White Gemini 7.5 with Evinrude E-tec 225 (Martins boat, or Creachan on rib.net)

White Raider 17 with Evinrude Ficht 90 (Bunters boat)

& the Lochin 333 Cruiser belongs to my Dad, Gordon

The Entrance to Acarsaid Mhor is a fairly complicated approach if I remember?In fact its very hard to spot from the sea! Did you go to Church Cave when you were there?
Thanks Robbie - great set of boats there serious gear!! I have a few question about RIB size and wondered if you could help. Who do you get on launching and recovering your boat? if you go over 6.5m does it become a 2 man min. job. I also wondered how quick you 7.5m Torrnado is with a 225hp. I take it the 300-225 has improved economy a fair bit
Old 14 August 2013, 20:44   #22

Town: Newburgh
Length: no boat
Here is the tenders to hannahtinga my boat. In another secret bay.
A 5.7 ocean pro and a 6m destroyer and a 2.6 zodiac
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0052.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	84198  
Old 14 August 2013, 21:59   #23

Town: Stornoway
Make: Scorpion 8.1 mk2
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yamaha F300
Thanks Smudge! Yeah we get some snotty seas up here so you need serious gear at times Lol! I launch & recover on my own all the time. Drive the boat on & off the trailer. With the trailer rollers set up right & a little practice its a piece of cake! Its a F250 Yamaha I fitted last winter. The offer of a good clean used one (2006 with 250hrs) came up & it proved too tempting! It is a great match on the Tornado 7.5 & have had 50.8 knots on the plotter although I do have a hydraulic jack plate fitted which probably gives us an extra 2 knots. Its definately better on fuel than the 300 hpdi was! Around 25% better fuel economy plus you could burn a £35 can of Yamalube 2 stroke oil on a long run also! F250 with a light load burns 24 litres per hour at 27-28knots. Very pleased with the upgrade! Heres a couple of pics of the new engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge07 View Post
Thanks Robbie - great set of boats there serious gear!! I have a few question about RIB size and wondered if you could help. Who do you get on launching and recovering your boat? if you go over 6.5m does it become a 2 man min. job. I also wondered how quick you 7.5m Torrnado is with a 225hp. I take it the 300-225 has improved economy a fair bit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1069-001.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	84199   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1161-001.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	84200  
Old 15 August 2013, 15:13   #24

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Go on do tell mate we are all brothers here
Beat me to it!... 'Brother Tony'??????
Looks like ANOTHER amazing Scotish Gem!.. and Great Pics!..Nice one Wilk!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2013, 20:40   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhud View Post
Here is the tenders to hannahtinga my boat. In another secret bay.
A 5.7 ocean pro and a 6m destroyer and a 2.6 zodiac
Brilliant I think I know where that is

I think I need a yacht so I have somewhere to tie my RIB up to - beaching can be a pain
Old 15 August 2013, 20:46   #26

Quote:
Thanks Smudge! Yeah we get some snotty seas up here so you need serious gear at times Lol! I launch & recover on my own all the time. Drive the boat on & off the trailer. With the trailer rollers set up right & a little practice its a piece of cake! Its a F250 Yamaha I fitted last winter. The offer of a good clean used one (2006 with 250hrs) came up & it proved too tempting! It is a great match on the Tornado 7.5 & have had 50.8 knots on the plotter although I do have a hydraulic jack plate fitted which probably gives us an extra 2 knots. Its definately better on fuel than the 300 hpdi was! Around 25% better fuel economy plus you could burn a £35 can of Yamalube 2 stroke oil on a long run also! F250 with a light load burns 24 litres per hour at 27-28knots. Very pleased with the upgrade! Heres a couple of pics of the new engine!
Great pictures - love the fact that we can blame the bad weather on the need for proper hard core ribs - not sure my wife will buy it but will try.
I have been considering a 6.4m boat - I have been worried about moving around a 7.5m ship might need to widen my search now thanks.
50.8 knots I thought 35 knots was fast!! Good fuel burn too - I guess the only down side if getting it to fit in a garage but that is what full covers are for!!
Old 15 August 2013, 20:49   #27

Town: Bishopton Scotland
Boat name: Seewizz
Make: Coastline 7.0mtr
Length: 7m +
Engine: Volvo D3 160 SX
Hi Robbie diesel, what miracle product do you use on your tubes to keep them looking as good ?
Cheers Calum
Old 18 August 2013, 21:43   #28

Quote:
Robbie - can I ask does the bigger beam make a big difference in nasty weather over your friends 6.5m Humber? I am guessing he upgraded to 7.5m so he could keep up? Ta