Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 June 2006, 04:37   #1
Member
 
benc's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Intrepid
Make: Tornado
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 150 Yamaha HPDI
MMSI: 235066402
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,319
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Was it you - Sunday 4th June.

Someone said hello to "me" on sunday coming out of the hamble, however it wasn't me, it was the guy I share the boat with.

He said the person was in a black rib... just wondering who it was
__________________

__________________
benc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 14:32   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 765
Hi Ben,

It was me - just recognised the boat but hadn't met you.

Your pal must have been wearing very dark shades - it's got grey tubes really (although there is quite a wide black rubbing strake).

That bit was the highlight of the day - it all turned to cack after that. It was the first time out after some work on the engine.

Went up the river a bit and then back out on to Southampton Water to open it up. Got about 1/2 mile past the speed limit and the engine died. Went through the restart / cut out routine a few times but finally gave up completely.

Big thanks to Ozz in Hot Lemon who gave us a tow back to the Warsash pontoon - your help was really appreciated.

Finally to top things off the trim/tilt gave up when we went to recover. Hiked up the two back rollers a couple of inches and got the boat on without dragging the skeg up the slipway. Switched over to manual tilt and got the engine up for the trip home (couldn't do that in the water)

Retired to Rising sun for consolatary pint and supper.

Hope everyone else had a better weekend!
__________________

__________________
www.allgadgets.co.uk
Tel 01395 227727
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 14:34   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shaken Blue
Make: ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: outbord petrol
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Send a message via MSN to hannah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
Hi Ben,

It was me - just recognised the boat but hadn't met you.

Your pal must have been wearing very dark shades - it's got grey tubes really (although there is quite a wide black rubbing strake).

That bit was the highlight of the day - it all turned to cack after that. It was the first time out after some work on the engine.

Went up the river a bit and then back out on to Southampton Water to open it up. Got about 1/2 mile past the speed limit and the engine died. Went through the restart / cut out routine a few times but finally gave up completely.

Big thanks to Ozz in Hot Lemon who gave us a tow back to the Warsash pontoon - your help was really appreciated.

Finally to top things off the trim/tilt gave up when we went to recover. Hiked up the two back rollers a couple of inches and got the boat on without dragging the skeg up the slipway. Switched over to manual tilt and got the engine up for the trip home (couldn't do that in the water)

Retired to Rising sun for consolatary pint and supper.

Hope everyone else had a better weekend!
Better luck next time
__________________
Hbaker
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 15:47   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
Ben,

What that you or your mate over in Osborne bay on saturday?
__________________
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 17:57   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Jaws
Make: Gemini 4.2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
MMSI: none
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Send a message via MSN to Gray
I was with Ben on Intrepid on Saturday so it can't have been his mate. If Osbourne bay is the 1st bay round from cowes towards Pompei and it was early afternoon then it may well have been us.
__________________
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 18:32   #6
ozz
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: portsmouth
Boat name: bojangles
Make: scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: yanmar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 151
Hi MikeCC,
Was a pleasure to help, hope it is not too expensive to fix. My trim pump went the other day - an expensive item!

Did you know the guy in the orange rib who went passed you just before we saw you? He seemed to be warning people coming into the hamble you were drifting but not offering assistance??

Ozz
__________________
ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 19:12   #7
Member
 
benc's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Intrepid
Make: Tornado
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 150 Yamaha HPDI
MMSI: 235066402
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,319
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
...It was me - just recognised the boat but hadn't met you...
ah ha!

Well, give me a shout when you're on the water next, and i'll come say hello
__________________
benc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 19:13   #8
Member
 
benc's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Intrepid
Make: Tornado
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 150 Yamaha HPDI
MMSI: 235066402
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,319
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
Ben,

What that you or your mate over in Osborne bay on saturday?
Yeah, me and Gray we were just pootling around osborne bay through the boats

Didn't see you
__________________
benc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 June 2006, 19:15   #9
Member
 
benc's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Intrepid
Make: Tornado
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 150 Yamaha HPDI
MMSI: 235066402
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,319
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz
Hi MikeCC,
Was a pleasure to help, hope it is not too expensive to fix. My trim pump went the other day - an expensive item!

Did you know the guy in the orange rib who went passed you just before we saw you? He seemed to be warning people coming into the hamble you were drifting but not offering assistance??

Ozz
I hope that wasn't my boat partner :S

Is hot lemon moored in warsash? Probably a silly question seeing as you are from pompey!
__________________
benc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 June 2006, 04:44   #10
ozz
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: portsmouth
Boat name: bojangles
Make: scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: yanmar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 151
I would love to keep it in Port Solent but its too expensive so keep it at the top of the hamble - Eastlands, because its cheap!

Maybe try drystack next year at Camber as this launching and recovery lark is wearing a little thin.
__________________

__________________
ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.