Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 26 January 2015, 15:45   #11
RIBnet supporter
 
MustRib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle
Boat name: Merlin
Make: RB4 Gemini 550
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90C
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,048
Warworth has an interesting old castle, and the village of Warkworth
is up the river from Amble.
The picture should illustrate why you cant get to Warkworth by boat !
As far as I know it has no harbour.
Amble has a fish quay and tiny drying harbour.
Then a little further up the river is the Marina, doesnt dry.
And just a little further and before the yacht club is the public slip.
On Google earth you can see the little roundabout referred to on Boatlaunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25345562.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	102573  
__________________
MustRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 16:07   #12
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustRib View Post
Warworth has an interesting old castle, and the village of Warkworth

is up the river from Amble.

The picture should illustrate why you cant get to Warkworth by boat !

As far as I know it has no harbour.

Amble has a fish quay and tiny drying harbour.

Then a little further up the river is the Marina, doesnt dry.

And just a little further and before the yacht club is the public slip.

On Google earth you can see the little roundabout referred to on Boatlaunch.


Thanks . Yes the marina is the one I looked at on Google Earth and read on boat launch . I think I was getting confused with Amble/warkworth in terms of harbours and marinas . You have clarified it . I think I will give the marina a ring and see what they say . I like the idea of getting up there one evening , launching and then being free to come and go the next day .
Thanks for your help


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________

__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 16:16   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustRib View Post
why dont you think about keeping the boat in Amble Marina while your there?
they are very friendly, would let you park the trailer, its secure, showers, chandlery etc launch just a few hundred yards upstream.
Details on Boatlaunch.co.uk about that.
Lots of campsites in that neck of the woods as well.
+1 its great up there Marinas really good I've used it a few times as I keep a boat in the area
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 16:32   #14
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
+1 its great up there Marinas really good I've used it a few times as I keep a boat in the area

Thanks your name did crop up on one or two old threads I looked up. Do you know if we are likely to get away with staying on site or nearby in the campervan ?


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2015, 18:48   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Before you take my info to heart just remember that I am a Welsh man living in South England who works out of Scotland so it's all a bit sketchy.

If I remember correctly the access road T' marina forks and the right hand fork goes to the public slipway next to which is a public car park (country style) and I think you can park up there. I am fairly sure there are a few places nearby and the Marina might let you stay there. It is after all the friendliest port!
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2015, 23:32   #16
RIBnet supporter
 
MustRib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle
Boat name: Merlin
Make: RB4 Gemini 550
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90C
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,048
Stu is exactly right about the roadways forking etc. The right hand fork to the marina, the left hand one to the slipway.
Its never that busy, but some dive ribs do use it.
Best to park up first and take a walk down and a look, as the road around the wooden roundabout is tight
and not where you want to meet a vehicle coming the other way.

The Marina has an automated barrier. I really think they will be fine about keeping your trailer if you are keeping the boat there.
They do have a lot of parking and additional space behind the marina building.

I have stayed at this camp site. Self catering accommodation near Seahouses and Bamburgh, nestled on the Northumberland coastline
Its up the coast a little way from Amble, but has great views and an easy flat walk down to the dunes south of Bamburgh.
Good facilities and they rent out old steel wheels with stubby welded legs on them for your own personal fire pit.
It gets busy so worth booking early if you want a pitch with an electric hook up.

Check out Dunstanburgh castle - from the sea and the land,
the Seals at the Farne islands - the Craster Kippers,
and this pub at Newton by the Sea is always busy, The Ship Inn - home
and has good food and beer. It does get busy in the summer as well.
__________________
MustRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2015, 01:34   #17
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
Found another couple of old threads on amble and Dr Roof seems to crop up . Tried to PM him but his PM,s are full . does he still exist ?


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
Not been online here since 2013.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2015, 02:27   #18
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
Before you take my info to heart just remember that I am a Welsh man living in South England who works out of Scotland so it's all a bit sketchy.



If I remember correctly the access road T' marina forks and the right hand fork goes to the public slipway next to which is a public car park (country style) and I think you can park up there. I am fairly sure there are a few places nearby and the Marina might let you stay there. It is after all the friendliest port!

Wow it's amazing you have survived !! A Welsh , Scottish southerner never mind . Thanks for feedback it's definitely going to be where I launch from first . As a relative rib Virgin I like the comfort of a launch and tie up in a marina/harbour . I can usually get good local knowledge from them as well which I find invaluable .

Thanks for your help and good luck with your accent


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2015, 02:31   #19
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustRib View Post
Stu is exactly right about the roadways forking etc. The right hand fork to the marina, the left hand one to the slipway.
Its never that busy, but some dive ribs do use it.
Best to park up first and take a walk down and a look, as the road around the wooden roundabout is tight
and not where you want to meet a vehicle coming the other way.

The Marina has an automated barrier. I really think they will be fine about keeping your trailer if you are keeping the boat there.
They do have a lot of parking and additional space behind the marina building.

I have stayed at this camp site. Self catering accommodation near Seahouses and Bamburgh, nestled on the Northumberland coastline
Its up the coast a little way from Amble, but has great views and an easy flat walk down to the dunes south of Bamburgh.
Good facilities and they rent out old steel wheels with stubby welded legs on them for your own personal fire pit.
It gets busy so worth booking early if you want a pitch with an electric hook up.

Check out Dunstanburgh castle - from the sea and the land,
the Seals at the Farne islands - the Craster Kippers,
and this pub at Newton by the Sea is always busy, The Ship Inn - home
and has good food and beer. It does get busy in the summer as well.

brilliant help and a good build on last comment . I think it depends on wether we are just going to kip over the night before a day out or a couple of nights . if it's the latter we will certainly give the campsite a go . Booking can be tricky as it's often a f**k it lets go sort of moment . I am not bothered about electric for a weekend so will take my chance .

Thanks again



Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2015, 02:33   #20
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Not been online here since 2013.

Cheers



Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________

__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.