Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 February 2013, 15:54   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Coppull / Lligwy bay.
Boat name: Summer Blues
Make: Ribquest
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 90
MMSI: 235092012
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 107
visiting Loch Lomond

can anyone give feed back regarding staying at
Milarrochy Bay Club Site

planning to go up on 8th April, or any other site with slip way on Loch Lomond (trying to stay south end but will look at any other part)
__________________

__________________
i don't have a statement after every comment but i'm working on it ?
shaunholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2013, 18:47   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: West Coast
Make: Various
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 77
Loch Lomond

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunholland View Post
can anyone give feed back regarding staying at
Milarrochy Bay Club Site

planning to go up on 8th April, or any other site with slip way on Loch Lomond (trying to stay south end but will look at any other part)
The area has some great organised campsites. Launching at Milorachy is via the beach, however we have launched there a number of times, the beach. Is more than suitable. Make sure you buy a chart of the loch from the rangers, navigation is straightforward.

Spots to look out for are:
Seaplane take off/landing at Cameron House (Also marina with petrol)
Inchmurrin Hotel (own jetty)
The Cruin (Own pontoon)
Luss Village and pier with floating pontoon
Rowardennan Hotel
The narrows (stunning!!)
At the top of the Loch the landscape changes and becomes very 'Fjord like' in appearance, watch out for Rob Roys cave, the best coffee on the Loch is at Cafe Lochan (Tarbet Pier and Inveruglas Pontoons), then on to Ardlui for the hotel and marina with petrol.

All in all it is a great cruising destination.

Please obtain a copy of the byelaws and enjoy a very special Loch.
__________________

__________________
Mark
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2013, 19:33   #3
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 841
Caravan Club site at Millarochy has a slip of its own no?
__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2013, 02:30   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: snagglepuss
Make: Shetland
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 hp Outboard
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
The area has some great organised campsites. Launching at Milorachy is via the beach, however we have launched there a number of times, the beach. Is more than suitable. Make sure you buy a chart of the loch from the rangers, navigation is straightforward.

Spots to look out for are:
Seaplane take off/landing at Cameron House (Also marina with petrol)
Inchmurrin Hotel (own jetty)
The Cruin (Own pontoon)
Luss Village and pier with floating pontoon
Rowardennan Hotel
The narrows (stunning!!)
At the top of the Loch the landscape changes and becomes very 'Fjord like' in appearance, watch out for Rob Roys cave, the best coffee on the Loch is at Cafe Lochan (Tarbet Pier and Inveruglas Pontoons), then on to Ardlui for the hotel and marina with petrol.

All in all it is a great cruising destination.

Please obtain a copy of the byelaws and enjoy a very special Loch.
you missed all the wildlife including the Capercaillie , the amazing wallabies, deer, ospreys, trout, huge pike, adders etc etc.

Dave
__________________
clydeoutboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2013, 07:34   #5
Member
 
macattack101's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: livingston
Boat name: the massive
Make: valiant
Length: 6m +
Engine: honda BF115
MMSI: 235092322
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 200
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeoutboards View Post
you missed all the wildlife including the Capercaillie , the amazing wallabies, deer, ospreys, trout, huge pike, adders etc etc.

Dave
Don't forget the lesser spotted ned and buckfast banger although they tend to arrive with the midges later in the summer......
__________________
macattack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2013, 07:56   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,611
And if you fancy a bit of low speed adventure, the river at the north end of the loch beyond Ardui - Moor at the fork & walk 5 mins to the Drover's Inn - Real laes, log fires and all that sort of stuff.
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2013, 08:56   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: snagglepuss
Make: Shetland
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 hp Outboard
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack101 View Post
Don't forget the lesser spotted ned and buckfast banger although they tend to arrive with the midges later in the summer......
oy thats no way to talk about my wife and anyway whats wrong with buckfast
__________________
clydeoutboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2013, 15:24   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Coppull / Lligwy bay.
Boat name: Summer Blues
Make: Ribquest
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 90
MMSI: 235092012
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 107
thanks for feed back guys, any other touring caravan sites along the shore or recommended self catering facilities, looking forward to getting up there and making the most of the week regardless of the weather conditions, anyone else around that same week.
__________________

__________________
i don't have a statement after every comment but i'm working on it ?
shaunholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.