Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Very hypothetically....

We have begun to work out our plans for summer and July is going to be a very packed month so it may be hard to fit in everything we want to do especially around a significantly increased work load for GD.

One way to try and work around this is to combine two of these things together...

If we joined the Cap Breizh cruise up to the Solent on the 17th, stay overnight with them then we could leave the boat over here until the 23rd to cruise back with the Floptilla group.

So the question is.... what do you all think the best place will be to store the boat for those six days? (A relative has a Sunseeker jobbie at Mercury on 'Hamble so maybe somewhere near there would be possible but not essential? Poole I guess would also work but I guess s/tn would be preferable.)

It is a long way ahead, but we just wanted to have some more ideas in our heads.

Thanks very much
Old 19 March 2011, 18:43   #2

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
There is no shortage of marinas.

Edit: Or leave the boat in Alderney and I can sort your radio installation out.
Old 19 March 2011, 19:10   #3

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
You could try Drivers Dry Berthing on the Itchen... They'd probably crane her out for the week, so might be a bit expensive, but have no idea what a marina would be for just one week, always worth giving Gareth a call
Old 19 March 2011, 20:28   #4
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Martin,

Yep, know that, there are quite a few places around!

Main issue with Alderney of course is how to get home since the plane would be at Dinard. That might work actually, I could come up in the boat and GD could fly over

Hmm well I'm not sure there's so much to sort now, as if it breaks again we've got about three of everything so I'm sure we'll survive. And if it plays up the HX851 handheld that GD bought (Slightly on a whim I might add) in November last year should come in handy.

Neil,

Yes I bear Drivers in mind and the whole drystack idea in general, it's just a question of how damned expensive this whole malarky could become very quickly . The other issue would be that we'd probably want to go out at some stage. a) it would be a shame to waste the oppotunity to make my uncle (with the sunseeker) go out (he put 3 hours on his boat in the entire season last year - one trip to Poole and back overnight - and that was only cos we were there to help, he's done 186 hours on his boat in ten years. We did 100 hours last season alone, and I dare say got alot more enjoyment out of it - the mooring is just such a pain) b) it would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity to cruise with some people on the Solent sometime, S'tn is only a couple of hours drive and to have any boat accessible from home will be the first time for us.

It's just a bit difficult to organise the Scillies on the 25th, CapBreizh on the 17th then Alderney the following week. Thank god it's GCSE year and we get out early!
Old 19 March 2011, 22:23   #5

Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
I could be wrong, but I doubt you'll get a drystack for a week or two only, not at reasonable cost anyway, whereas Drivers will probably entertain the idea, and you could have it put in and out once or twice, but it all costs
Old 20 March 2011, 11:52   #6
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Harvey View Post
I could be wrong, but I doubt you'll get a drystack for a week or two only, not at reasonable cost anyway, whereas Drivers will probably entertain the idea, and you could have it put in and out once or twice, but it all costs
Yeah I know. Round here you can pretty much find a space at any of the marinas at anytime of the year for a RIB like ours as long as it's only a shortish stay, the south coast is a whole different ball game that we've never experienced
Old 20 March 2011, 14:02   #7

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
It may be a little far East for you, but if you wanted to bring the boat to KB Boatpark at the entrance to Portsmouth Harbour, the cost of lift out, storage for a week and relaunch is £95.36 (inc vat). Oh, that includes a free Pressure wash for your hull, engine and tubes!
Old 20 March 2011, 16:09   #8

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Run View Post
It may be a little far East for you, but if you wanted to bring the boat to KB Boatpark at the entrance to Portsmouth Harbour, the cost of lift out, storage for a week and relaunch is £95.36 (inc vat). Oh, that includes a free Pressure wash for your hull, engine and tubes!
Again with the trade membership
Old 20 March 2011, 20:46   #9

Town: Romney Marsh ,Kent
Make: Osprey 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu
Not even a Ribnet contributor....
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Again with the trade membership
Old 20 March 2011, 23:11   #10

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
Hey Guys, the man has asked for help and an idea of prices!!!! All I've done is given him help and an idea of prices! Would you be happier if I got a third party to suggest he call us for some help and prices??????
Old 20 March 2011, 23:20   #11
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Run View Post
Hey Guys, the man has asked for help and an idea of prices!!!! All I've done is given him help and an idea of prices! Would you be happier if I got a third party to suggest he call us for some help and prices??????
I was going to say something, this bloke "Dry Run" has made 4 or so original posts and after all of them comes the instant "trade membership" post. Yes we all know he needs to, but I personally don't see the immediate need to shoot him down in flames, maybe a little more subtlety is called for in future?
Old 21 March 2011, 01:01   #12

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Run
Hi, I don't know you, but I think you are a regular contributor to the Ribnet forum. I find your comment on this thread a little strange. Clearly the guy is asking for help. He actively asks for this! I can give him help and prices. Are you saying that because I have a vested interest (which I freely admit and don't see the harm in) I should not reply??
The rules are pretty simple, if you use the forums to promote your business you are required to join as a trade member.

And you're only freely admitting it because we found you out after your 1st post where you misled people into viewing your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Run
tried to be low key in this post (not giving a web address)! If you give me a good reason, I'll happily de-register and play no further part in the Ribnet Forums - is not a big deal for me or my business, but I think the Forums will be poorer for it! I've no objection to any other commercial concerns replying to ribnet members questions - and I see this quite a lot! CUT ME SOME SLACK PLEASE!
These other commercial concerns do pay for their trade memberships and probably do object to you advertising your business without paying.

I personally welcome any contribution you can make to the forum and appreciate you trying to help Gotchiguy but rules need to be adhered to in order to create a level playing field and to prevent arguments such as this. (You may be surprised how often this happens.)

Many people such as myself and Gotchiguy feel we benefit greatly from the wealth of knowledge available from other forum members, to the extent that we voluntarily pay an annual subscription to show our support for the forum. If you feel you can benefit from advertising your company on here then why not show your support too? If you don't think you will benefit from advertising your company, then don't advertise it, I'm sure we'll manage to find a dry stack facility in the Solent area if we ever need one!
Old 21 March 2011, 09:07   #13

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Careful Martini, or you might be invited to become a moderator with a post like that
ATB, another Ribnet supporter!
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2011, 09:10   #14

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Careful Martini, or you might be invited to become a moderator with a post like that