RIBnet supporter
Town: Bushey & La Bretagne
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Originally Posted by Dry Run View Post
Hey Guys, the man has asked for help and an idea of prices!!!! All I've done is given him help and an idea of prices! Would you be happier if I got a third party to suggest he call us for some help and prices??????
I was going to say something, this bloke "Dry Run" has made 4 or so original posts and after all of them comes the instant "trade membership" post. Yes we all know he needs to, but I personally don't see the immediate need to shoot him down in flames, maybe a little more subtlety is called for in future?
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2011, 20:01   #12
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Originally Posted by Dry Run
Hi, I don't know you, but I think you are a regular contributor to the Ribnet forum. I find your comment on this thread a little strange. Clearly the guy is asking for help. He actively asks for this! I can give him help and prices. Are you saying that because I have a vested interest (which I freely admit and don't see the harm in) I should not reply??
The rules are pretty simple, if you use the forums to promote your business you are required to join as a trade member.

And you're only freely admitting it because we found you out after your 1st post where you misled people into viewing your website.

Originally Posted by Dry Run
tried to be low key in this post (not giving a web address)! If you give me a good reason, I'll happily de-register and play no further part in the Ribnet Forums - is not a big deal for me or my business, but I think the Forums will be poorer for it! I've no objection to any other commercial concerns replying to ribnet members questions - and I see this quite a lot! CUT ME SOME SLACK PLEASE!
These other commercial concerns do pay for their trade memberships and probably do object to you advertising your business without paying.

I personally welcome any contribution you can make to the forum and appreciate you trying to help Gotchiguy but rules need to be adhered to in order to create a level playing field and to prevent arguments such as this. (You may be surprised how often this happens.)

Many people such as myself and Gotchiguy feel we benefit greatly from the wealth of knowledge available from other forum members, to the extent that we voluntarily pay an annual subscription to show our support for the forum. If you feel you can benefit from advertising your company on here then why not show your support too? If you don't think you will benefit from advertising your company, then don't advertise it, I'm sure we'll manage to find a dry stack facility in the Solent area if we ever need one!

martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2011, 04:07   #13
RIBnet supporter
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Careful Martini, or you might be invited to become a moderator with a post like that
ATB, another Ribnet supporter!
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2011, 04:10   #14
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Careful Martini, or you might be invited to become a moderator with a post like that

Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote