Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 January 2007, 06:39   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: St Helier JERSEY
Boat name: Barney
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350 Yamaha
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
Versadock

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

http://www.versadock.com/

But I reckon these look pretty good - I think they were at London Boatshow. Has anyone got one? Would it cope with 8.5m? Does it scratch GRP?

Any comments/opinions would be much appreciated.
__________________

__________________
FreeTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2007, 08:46   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 50
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,654
They are great in my opinion. I've driven a 6m rib on and off countless times and its very easy. It doesnt scratch your GRP, and of course it saves your hull getting covered in growth. If you can try and get hold of a copy of Anglia Afloat as theres a good review in there this month.
__________________

__________________
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2007, 08:54   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda 90HP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
How much is it?
__________________
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2007, 10:05   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: extreme 24
Length: 7m +
Engine: merc 6.2 320hp
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 709
trouble is alot of the marinas wont let you have them ,i think they are excellent
__________________
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2007, 10:18   #5
Member
 
qcamel's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Thats very interesting to hear. My local marina is offering me a deal on a new one but I have never seen them in the flesh. My concern was getting on and off and how easy/hard that would be. For an 8.5 metre rib with O?B they are quoting just shy of £5k fitted. A good £4k less than a comparable hydrohoist.

Apparently some marina's dont like them as they cannot use your bearth when you are away, which is a p!ss take considering you pay for it for a year anyway!!

Ollie
__________________
Ollie
qcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2007, 17:57   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: St Helier JERSEY
Boat name: Barney
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350 Yamaha
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
I think qcamel's about right on pricing.

I've got to put together a proposal for the harbour's office here, as no-one has seen them in Jersey yet.
__________________
FreeTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2007, 16:45   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Thinking of getting one for my rib

http://www.versadockuk.com/movies/Dr...s/8M%20RIB.wmv
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 16:30   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
New Versadock Brochure

Attached is a PDF brochure of the Versadock system! Versadock UK will be showing at SEAWORK 2007 stand No. 70. You will be able to see the Versadock product and some pictures of recent installations.
There will also be a large on the water display, (Berth 57) including a drive on dock, working platform and many new features. This will give you the opportunity to see and experience Versadock in a working marine environment.

Richard I see you have managed to get your old rib in the new Versadock brochure. lol

Nick
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pages from Versadock ebrochure 2007.pdf (182.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf Pages from Versadock ebrochure 2007-2.pdf (211.6 KB, 178 views)
__________________
Nick Wood - MD South Pier Marine, Jersey.
www.southpiermarine.com nick@southpiermarine.com
http://www.myboatshop.co.uk
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 16:48   #9
J S
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: N.Wales/Southampton
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 15hp
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 449
I recognise the versadock with the ribs and sailing dinghy's on in the first brochure. That is moored at the far end of Pwllheli Marina.

They seem like a great idea.

James
__________________
J S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 16:49   #10
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
Richard I see you have managed to get your old rib in the new Versadock brochure. lol

Nick
Yep, they could have photoshop'd the "Nauti Buoy" name out a little better!!
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2007, 17:04   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy View Post
Yep, they could have photoshop'd the "Nauti Buoy" name out a little better!!
haha ya they could have.. o well good example. Does look good on the dock.
__________________
Nick Wood - MD South Pier Marine, Jersey.
www.southpiermarine.com nick@southpiermarine.com
http://www.myboatshop.co.uk
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 07:39   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Cinque Ports Baron
Make: Tornado
Length: 6.5
Engine: Mercury 200 Opti
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 20
Hi guys

Saw the RIB on the dock over the weekend - looks really good.

How much did the dock cost?? and did you have to persuade harbours for very long to allow you to put it in there.

Just removed our RIB from the same area - don't think it liked sitting on the mud too much.

cheers

David
__________________
daviesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 09:37   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesd View Post
Hi guys

Saw the RIB on the dock over the weekend - looks really good.

How much did the dock cost?? and did you have to persuade harbours for very long to allow you to put it in there.

Just removed our RIB from the same area - don't think it liked sitting on the mud too much.

cheers

David
Hi David,

Yes she does look good on the dock! Must put a pic on here some time,
That dock costs around the £4,995 but it is huge! For a 6 meter boat you would be looking at £3500 +/- here and built I think. But you have all the benifits of being on a trailer, i.e no weed grows on the hull or the engine, where as some times on a drying mooring the gearbox casing will not clear the water.

It did take a while for harbours to say yes but they are quite happy now, We have just sold one to a high up guy at Jersey Harbours so they can't be that bad .

The guy who owns the Rib with the dock here used to keep his old 8.5m rib in that space with out a dock and the hull got realy badly chipped, so he siad not again with the new one.

They are quite happy to have them in the marina also.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nick
__________________
Nick Wood - MD South Pier Marine, Jersey.
www.southpiermarine.com nick@southpiermarine.com
http://www.myboatshop.co.uk
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 15:05   #14
Member
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
Hi David,

Yes she does look good on the dock! Must put a pic on here some time,
That dock costs around the £4,995 but it is huge! For a 6 meter boat you would be looking at £3500 +/- here and built I think. But you have all the benifits of being on a trailer, i.e no weed grows on the hull or the engine, where as some times on a drying mooring the gearbox casing will not clear the water.

It did take a while for harbours to say yes but they are quite happy now, We have just sold one to a high up guy at Jersey Harbours so they can't be that bad .

The guy who owns the Rib with the dock here used to keep his old 8.5m rib in that space with out a dock and the hull got realy badly chipped, so he siad not again with the new one.

They are quite happy to have them in the marina also.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Nick
Quick Question Nick
Is the Dock alot wider than the boat and does the marina office charge you more mouring fees for it?
__________________
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 15:27   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Quick Question Nick
Is the Dock alot wider than the boat and does the marina office charge you more mouring fees for it?
You can have 3 options, 1 is only 3 blocks wide i.e. the boat is wider, option 2 is 5 blocks wide i.e. the beam of most ribs and 3 a version which is 7 blocks wide as Freetraders is but yes you will pay for the exra space taken up or you do here is little old Jersey, so in my opinion option 2 would be best for people who are going to be in a marina.

I have taken some pics of Freetraders Dock today I will post them in a mo.
__________________
Nick Wood - MD South Pier Marine, Jersey.
www.southpiermarine.com nick@southpiermarine.com
http://www.myboatshop.co.uk
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 15:35   #16
Member
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
You can have 3 options, 1 is only 3 blocks wide i.e. the boat is wider, option 2 is 5 blocks wide i.e. the beam of most ribs and 3 a version which is 7 blocks wide as Freetraders is but yes you will pay for the exra space taken up or you do here is little old Jersey, so in my opinion option 2 would be best for people who are going to be in a marina.

I have taken some pics of Freetraders Dock today I will post them in a mo.
Waiting with anticipation...........
__________________
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 15:56   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Sorry I was on the phone, here are the photos of the versadock, you can see how wide this version is by these pics, you can make the dock any size you wish as the floats are sold 1 by 1. They are not cheep peices of kit but they are cheeper than a hydrohoist and they are cool
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Balderdash on Dock.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	27277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Balderdash on Dock 2.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	27278  
__________________
Nick Wood - MD South Pier Marine, Jersey.
www.southpiermarine.com nick@southpiermarine.com
http://www.myboatshop.co.uk
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 16:02   #18
Member
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 931
If you took one block off each side it looks about the same size as the rib..
would it still hold the weight?
__________________
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 16:07   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Craka Daux
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 128
Send a message via MSN to nick wood
Yes, this dock is huge! Here is a pic of it on the slip and my car behind it.... you could take 1 block off each side easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dock on slip.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	27279  
__________________
Nick Wood - MD South Pier Marine, Jersey.
www.southpiermarine.com nick@southpiermarine.com
http://www.myboatshop.co.uk
nick wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 16:10   #20
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
Yes, this dock is huge! Here is a pic of it on the slip and my car behind it.... you could take 1 block off each side easy.
There is something missing from the pic of all the floats on the slipway............ about 6 snotty nosed 8 year olds throwing the floats in the water whilst you are trying to assemble it
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×