Old 18 November 2005, 04:52   #11
Town: Bodø/Oslo
Boat name: Jebus
Make: Valiant V450
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 60 ELPT EFI
Thanks all.

Fitting a jockey console in front of the bench seat is an option I'll consider. Or maybe a single jockey seat between the excisting console and the bench.
In any case the battery is coming out of the bench and will be moved towards the bow.

If the weather permits (been raining for 60 days straight), I will try out codprawns sandsolution in the bowlocker before fiddling with the seating setup.

Daniel, is that an S-5 Jockey console you have on the DR?

I see that the SR4 "clan" are very happy with Nauticus smart tabs. Newbie-question: will these help? My father is going to the U.S. anyway, and he'll pick them up for me (along with Keelguard, alot of beaching during summer).

Thanks again for helping me out!

UpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2005, 18:23   #12
Boat name: The Boot
Make: Avon SR5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
HI Upnorth,

I am certain the Nauticus tabs will resolve your problem. My Searider had a problem with getting onto plane when I first got it. It is fitted with a 19 gallon fuel tank and stainless steel bench seat all in the rear. When I would accelerate the bow shot skyward and took quite awhile to climb onto plane. While on plane the boat would porpoise in small swells.

After I put the trim tabs on the boat literally popped onto plane without any hesitation. And the boat never porpoises at all, almost like shocks really. I would highly recommend giving them a try before rearranging your boat layout.

boatster_sr4 is offline   Reply With Quote