Divorce, lost of friends, whiplash, lost gear (cell phone,glasses,countless hats, etc) Probably all of you who have owned one for awhile know this
I must of missed the memo
1. Wife threatens divorce or worse(take my rib away) if we go over 15 knots on dead clam seas
2. Friends all want to go diving, most shore dive, do not realize boat diving in the northern Atlantic offshore is different than the Caribbean (waves, colder ride on the way back) try to explain the faster you can go the less bumps, so on occasion you launch the boat and everyone thinks you are an a@@hole. The sound of the prop coming out of the water is Cool.
3. Get back to shore, start whine about backs, knees, lose work because of chiropractic's appointments etc.
4. So my $500 cell phone flew out of the boat on one of the launching off a wave I did not cry about it (tried the one helping the economy with the wife, did not work, last time she and i went out the phone fell out of its holder and she said she explained how i should lash it to the console, I must of been counting seals did not remember the conversation)
5. My #1 dive partner lost his glasses, we did not lose a knot. He told his wife he needed new ones any way, they were scratched. 3 weeks later she let him replace them. He now duct tape them to his head.
So owning a RIB is expensive (gas cost ain't shit) it is worth every moment