Originally Posted by C2 RIBS
you know answer to that. coastguard posted similar last week and planned prosecution for over load. Cops trying to save lives by telling crews of dangers is to be thanked or shall we wait to see another Padstow.
Everyone has a choice but not at the price of someones elses life or a life changing injury
There's a lot in that reply!
1. Hard to know what I know. As the "Overseas" Admin, I know my own law better than yours. LJs are a legal requirement here. Killcords are not.
2. Overload: RIBs tend to have very large load numbers (silly, IMO) - I guess based on buoyancy rather than seating arrangements? It is what it is.
3. Cops telling people/oiks to do things that aren't "The Law" tend to be told to fkk off.
4. Padstow - doubt we'll have to wait long.
5. Everyone has a choice. I concur. People do what they like. You can force some of the more pliable ones to do what they should, but most will do what they like...