Old 22 March 2015, 12:09   #1

Length: 5m +
Tubeset Zodiac Pro Open 650

Hello guys i'm looking for a new set of tubes for my Zodiac PRO Open-650.
New or good condition, preferably Hypalon.

Any ideas where to buy a set at a good price?

Anyone knows how much they retail at?

//Sven
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bild.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	103735  
Old 23 March 2015, 16:24   #2

Town: Abaco, Bahamas
Boat name: No name
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150 hp
The factory-made tubesets will almost certainly be made in France which I'd think where they would be least expensive and available.
I also need a new set for my Pro 650 (which happens to be in The Bahamas) and, being a Brit., priced an new set in the UK. The quoted price was circa £5,400 incl VAT. (Ron Hales Marine), without shipping costs UK-Bahamas.
To have them constructed to pattern by an after market maker in the UK brought the price to around £4,000.
(For comparison and totally irrelevent to this conversation, I was quoted $10,000.00 in the USA)
Old 23 March 2015, 17:49   #3

Town: CA
Make: Zodiac RIB-P
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250
well that makes sense. I was wondering how you guys over there would run off an re-tube boats all the time. I was given a ball park price of $10-$12K for new 7M tubes here in the US. And I know the name brand tube company is even more. I talk nice to my tubes every morning as I go past the boat, "hang in there, looking good..."

Jason
Old 23 March 2015, 18:43   #4

Town: Abaco, Bahamas
Boat name: No name
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150 hp
It's impossible to buy new tubes or anything for repairing tubes, here in the Bahamas. My rope bolts separated from the tubes along both sides, recently. A DIY job was the only solution so, with the aid of friends in the US., obtained four tins of 2-part adhesive (Poly Marine - made in Wales) and set to work re-glueing everything back. I think the cost in the UK is about £13-14 per tin + catalyst; $50 (£34) in the US (West Marine) and, with shipping and duty, landed in Bahamas - $100 (£68) per 200 ml tin!! Total cost: around £400 just for the adhesive, plus my sweat to install it!
There aren't too many RIBs in these pristine and beautiful waters (except those that are carried as tenders on the super-yachts), hence, one has to be pretty dedicated to the cause (or stoopid) to own one...