Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 29 December 2013, 12:44   #11
Member
 
Lee argyle's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350sci x 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
I run Bennett's and went for there performance tabs - they run twin rams each tab and reinforced plates , no issues so far
__________________

__________________
Lee argyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 12:49   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,005
No, I appreciate my situation isn't ideal. I suspect that having tabs closer to the centre line will still work but will require more 'angle' simply due to leverage issues. I'm not too worried about impairments to performance (within reason); my main concern is to correct the boat's lateral trim. I often have quite a few people on board and it's fair to say my wife and I (cough cough) haven't missed a meal in quite some time.
__________________

__________________
www.flickr.com/photos/gj0kyz
GJ0KYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 13:13   #13
Member
 
Country: Italy
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ0KYZ View Post
No, I appreciate my situation isn't ideal. I suspect that having tabs closer to the centre line will still work but will require more 'angle' simply due to leverage issues. I'm not too worried about impairments to performance (within reason); my main concern is to correct the boat's lateral trim. I often have quite a few people on board and it's fair to say my wife and I (cough cough) haven't missed a meal in quite some time.
I spoke to Lenco before Xmas. From their technical dept, the advice if you can't install as per instructions, is to ensure the tabs are at least 10" from engine to prevent possible cavitation. Bennett suggest 8 inches. Other than that the further to the side of the hull the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Have you reinforced them? Keith decided not to when he fitted his and they bowed pretty quickly
Think these will be fine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	88677  
__________________
landlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 13:19   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlord View Post
I spoke to Lenco before Xmas. From their technical dept, the advice if you can't install as per instructions, is to ensure the tabs are at least 10" from engine to prevent possible cavitation. Bennett suggest 8 inches. Other than that the further to the side of the hull the better.
Thanks for that. Could you tell me what kind of tabs were in the photo you posted? I can't quite make them out.
__________________
www.flickr.com/photos/gj0kyz
GJ0KYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 14:45   #15
Member
 
Country: Italy
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 430
Lenco high performance 14" x 12".

Couldn't find them in the UK so had them sent over from US
__________________
landlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 15:08   #16
Member
 
Country: Finland
Town: Helsinki
Boat name: Helena II / Avon
Make: Prestige Brio,SR 4.7
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha F25 & 90/2S
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 16
Have you looked if Volvo Pentas Interceptors could fit ?

http://www.volvopenta.com/SiteCollec...System_eng.pdf
__________________
Kat1nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2013, 08:10   #17
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Have you reinforced them? Keith decided not to when he fitted his and they bowed pretty quickly...
Think these will be fine
They look great

Different style to those fitted to ours and other Ospreys. Will be interesting to see how they perform. Is there less surface area overall or are they larger than they look?
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2013, 08:56   #18
Member
 
Country: Italy
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 430
12" wide by 14" long tapered so probably similar surface area as 12" x 12".

Haven't tried them yet, will let you know
__________________
landlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2013, 10:38   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlord View Post
Lenco high performance 14" x 12".

Couldn't find them in the UK so had them sent over from US

Bainbridge Marine are UK suppliers
__________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2013, 11:37   #20
Member
 
Country: Italy
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 430
And they didn't have any or extension cables less than 20'.
__________________

__________________
landlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.