Old 19 June 2018, 12:54   #1

Town: Nottingham
Length: no boat
RIBase
Towing advice/assistance

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was anyone on RibNet, or anyone who knew anyone, who'd be interested in helping tow a Ribcraft 6.8 back from Bembridge to Haslar. Seastart are willing, but quite restricted in timings. They are also exceedingly expensive if you only want them to help once since you're also paying a full year's membership which I won't be needing for the immediate future since the boat is dead...

Happy to offer payment in cash (coded boats) and/or covering anyone's fuel plus all expenses etc. Any suggestions very welcome.
Old 19 June 2018, 15:31   #2

Town: Keyhaven
Boat name: Orion
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Honda 50HP
Ah, if you had been asking about the other end of the Solent from Yarmouth to Lymington for example I'd have been happy to help. You're just too far for my little boat to manage.

Best of luck finding help.
Old 19 June 2018, 16:12   #3
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Rs600 View Post
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was anyone on RibNet, or anyone who knew anyone, who'd be interested in helping tow a Ribcraft 6.8 back from Bembridge to Haslar. Seastart are willing, but quite restricted in timings. They are also exceedingly expensive if you only want them to help once since you're also paying a full year's membership which I won't be needing for the immediate future since the boat is dead...

Happy to offer payment in cash (coded boats) and/or covering anyone's fuel plus all expenses etc. Any suggestions very welcome.
I take it - its so dead its not worth getting it fixed in Bembridge? Jim Robinson of Bembridge Outboards is a member here. He's not posted for a while so a PM may be more likely to get through (although a phone call would be even more reliable!). He also has a small fleet of Bareboat ribs - although that is likely even more expensive than Seastart.
Old 19 June 2018, 16:47   #4

RIBase
It might be worth getting it fixed in Bembridge, but I'm actually trying to deliver the whole sorry mess back to the place it came from in a permanent fashion, rather than spending any more money on repairing something that is currently having a failure every 4 engine hours. I did wonder about hiring a boat for the day, doing the tow and then having the rest of the day on the water!
Old 19 June 2018, 17:55   #5

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
When are you wanting to move the ribcraft, I might be able to help.
Ref getting it repaired locally to Bembridge, I have personally experienced better service elsewhere on the island, there’s a couple of excellent marine engineers I’d be happy to forward / PM their contact info if you decide to get her repaired, cheers Lee
Old 20 June 2018, 21:16   #6

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
Hope you get some help soon ,i know if i was in your area i would definitely be there ,would make a great picture for this forum your dead ribcraft being towed by my Highfield ,i suspect they would normally load the boat into some sort of container so it could,nt be seen to protect their reputation ,bit like they do with Ferraris along the Motorway
Old 20 June 2018, 23:01   #7

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Hope you get some help soon ,i know if i was in your area i would definitely be there ,would make a great picture for this forum your dead ribcraft being towed by my Highfield ,i suspect they would normally load the boat into some sort of container so it could,nt be seen to protect their reputation ,bit like they do with Ferraris along the Motorway
Thanks for the thought. In Ribcraft's defence it's the metal lump at the backwith the Mariner label on that's causing the problems..
Old 20 June 2018, 23:20   #8
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
,i suspect they would normally load the boat into some sort of container so it could,nt be seen to protect their reputation
Ach, arriving in a container is nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of allegedly excellent boats arrive in containers from abroad....
Old 21 June 2018, 05:38   #9

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Ach, arriving in a container is nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of allegedly excellent boats arrive in containers from abroad....
also a lot of excellent pizza chefs cleaners and car valeters arrive from abroad in containers