Old 28 June 2012, 08:25   #1
SR4

Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50hp
Todays presents for RIB

I thought I would share todays gifts for the RIB, been struggling to find something that is not Chavvy but useful, anyway I have bought 4 x Grey Hypalon Handles part No: V00038 £30.99 plus VAT, 3 x Stern line bags part No: V00879 £40.65 plus VAT, in my pics you will see I have already fitted on the bow 1 x Big Pocket with Velcro part No: V00449 £29.95 plus VAT (placed item codes and prices for others that may want the same )

These will be glued on by the weekend and I will post pics if anyone is interested. Only got pric stick so will have to get some superglue, should look good and give me storage and safety handles for all my crew
Old 28 June 2012, 08:45   #2

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Dude, you will need Bostik 2402 Adhesive for hypalon
Old 28 June 2012, 08:46   #3
SR4

Boat with Bow (anchor) bag fitted, but rest bare so you can compare picture of new additions at the weekend

Click image for larger version

Name:	22 (Medium).JPG
Views:	589
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	69752

Better pic of Bow bag fitted:

Name:	photo2 (Medium).JPG
Views:	452
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	69753

Also adapted front sharp edges of the consul with black edging clip stuff (behind spare fuel tank)
Old 28 June 2012, 08:47   #4
SR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Dude, you will need Bostik 2402 Adhesive for hypalon
Bow bag is still hanging on see pic above

Thanks for the heads up though
Old 28 June 2012, 08:49   #5
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4 View Post
I thought I would share todays gifts for the RIB
Excellent, I'll have the Big Pockets (looks like you can spare a couple)
Old 28 June 2012, 08:51   #6
SR4

I only bought 1 x big pocket, if you ring Avon and speak to the Military sales department they will sort it for you, ask for Ben Dover or Phil McCracken
Old 28 June 2012, 08:51   #7

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Quote:
Bow bag is still hanging on see pic above

Thanks for the heads up though

Every seam on your tubes is stuck together with Bostik, don't use anything else. Your rib is awesome so you need to keep it that way.
Old 28 June 2012, 09:03   #8

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams

Beware of people fishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

Every seam on your tubes is stuck together with Bostik, don't use anything else. Your rib is awesome so you need to keep it that way.
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2012, 09:06   #9
SR4

Bought an orange waterproof bean bag for the bow area to give the kids some comfort when pottering about, so watched where they tried to grip and I am putting handles there for them. My wife was moaning that I was too big to get her arms around so I am having some handles put at the side of the helm seat for her to grab, again I watched where she was putting her hands and marked the spot. Re the smaller bags, I have one for the bow line, it will be directly opposite Big Bag on the other side.

I am also fitting one at either side behind the helm seat to store flares, thermal imaging, portable sonar, LED Nav lights, spare parts, first aid kit, torch, knife, back up GPS plotter, Satellite phone, survival bag, EPIRB, and some other bits and bobs. I am also having a special bag made to cover the spare fuel tank to avoind the sun, it will have velcro opening so I can switch the fuel line without taking the bag off, just deciding on the correct fabric that will work, stay clean and not mind a bit of fuel drip spill on it now and again

Only the fire extinguisher to fit, got that just making triple sure before drilling holes it is in the right place, so will use the RIB for a bit before permanently fixing it

Oh, also got the courtesy lights, one each side of the consul and one at the rear of the seat, plus the bilge pump and Lumishore underwater lighting system, and internal hull illumination system, I am really thinking about where to put the switching, I have found some lovely waterproof switches in the US but would like them put discreetly out of the way, should look pretty good without being Chavvy

Oh! and Lowrance HDS 5 plotter to be fitted this weekend
Old 28 June 2012, 09:09   #10

Make: humber
"ask for Ben Dover or Phil McCracken"

oh hilarious, how do you think em up?, it must be a gift I suppose....dont give up the day job
Old 28 June 2012, 09:10   #11

Town: Fareham
Enjoying this! Keep it coming

Nice RIB btw

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2012, 09:25   #12

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Yep all good fun, certainly got most on here sized up!

Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2012, 09:30   #13

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Don't forget to leave room for one of these. Looking good
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2012, 09:50   #14
SR4

Rear view, back of seat where Nav light pole is fixed has been bugging me as it is bare ply, had the backrest re covered and having an orange perspex plate fitted in there which the nav light pole will go through, that should brighten the rear up and make it more attractive.

Name:	photo4 (Medium).JPG
Views:	342
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	69754

Bought a new prop 10 1/8 x 15, but didn't really do it for me as it looked bit black, so have bought a Stainless Steel super dooper one 11 1/8 x 14, should brighten up the rear and shine nicely with the underwater Lumishore lights

Work is going well on colour co-ordinating the new plotter, it is being baked orange at this moment, I hope they have got the right colour, I don't want to be tangoed
Old 28 June 2012, 10:46   #15

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I'll have the Big Pockets (looks like you can spare a couple)
Old 28 June 2012, 10:50   #16
RIBnet supporter

Town: Liverpool
Boat name: ship called DIGNATTY
Make: Europa Sport 3.3m
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 20HP
Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie123
Quote:
Bought an orange waterproof bean bag for the bow area to give the kids some comfort when pottering about, so watched where they tried to grip and I am putting handles there for them. My wife was moaning that I was too big to get her arms around so I am having some handles put at the side of the helm seat for her to grab, again I watched where she was putting her hands and marked the spot. Re the smaller bags, I have one for the bow line, it will be directly opposite Big Bag on the other side.

I am also fitting one at either side behind the helm seat to store flares, thermal imaging, portable sonar, LED Nav lights, spare parts, first aid kit, torch, knife, back up GPS plotter, Satellite phone, survival bag, EPIRB, and some other bits and bobs. I am also having a special bag made to cover the spare fuel tank to avoind the sun, it will have velcro opening so I can switch the fuel line without taking the bag off, just deciding on the correct fabric that will work, stay clean and not mind a bit of fuel drip spill on it now and again

Only the fire extinguisher to fit, got that just making triple sure before drilling holes it is in the right place, so will use the RIB for a bit before permanently fixing it

Oh, also got the courtesy lights, one each side of the consul and one at the rear of the seat, plus the bilge pump and Lumishore underwater lighting system, and internal hull illumination system, I am really thinking about where to put the switching, I have found some lovely waterproof switches in the US but would like them put discreetly out of the way, should look pretty good without being Chavvy

Oh! and Lowrance HDS 5 plotter to be fitted this weekend

I thought it was the ladies who loved bags

All jokes aside they look cool and I could do with one for my anchor. I called the contacts you recommended and neither "Ben" or "Phil" were available. I will try them later
Natalie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2012, 11:08   #17
SR4

Yes, you may get a Welsh answer machine, if its not on it's Phil that normally takes it and I guess Ben would sort you out as well, good luck!

Here is the number I called 01554 882000, press option 1 twice for military sales, don't worry if they sound a bit sheepish they are very helpful and will tell you where you can order them from, they make them there at the factory in South Wales. Don't be worried about the military side, just say you love men in uniform, they will sort you out

If you are just wanting to keep some lippy, mascara, spare underwear, something for the weekend and your handbag, then the smaller bag would do.
Old 28 June 2012, 12:16   #18
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Yes, you may get a Welsh answer machine, if its not on it's Phil that normally takes it and I guess Ben would sort you out as well, good luck!

Here is the number I called 01554 882000, press option 1 twice for military sales, don't worry if they sound a bit sheepish they are very helpful and will tell you where you can order them from, they make them there at the factory in South Wales. Don't be worried about the military side, just say you love men in uniform, they will sort you out

If you are just wanting to keep some lippy, mascara, spare underwear, something for the weekend and your handbag, then the smaller bag would do.

I was put through to his wife "Bendy Wendy" Over - she said Phil and Ben were out on parade!! You know me too well - once I heard that I was in the Typhoon en-route. My middle name is "Uniform"

If I am to take my man bait ......ooops I mean 'make up' (lippy, mascara.......etc...) out on the RIB then I would need to commission something like this EXHIBIT A

Old 28 June 2012, 12:24   #19
SR4

Did they give you one? or tell you where you could get one? And were you satisfied?

P.S. You just beat a confident and dominating man that knows what he wants!
Old 28 June 2012, 12:25   #20
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dally View Post
"ask for Ben Dover or Phil McCracken"

oh hilarious, how do you think em up?, it must be a gift I suppose....dont give up the day job
I don't think he makes them up!! I think he is talking from experience