Engine: Mercury 50hp
OK here are some more pics.

Gear and throttle cable changed and well greased up

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2809470092.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	69882

Pouches with internal D rings x 3 (1 x bow opposite anchor bag, 2 x on tubes just rear either side of seat, great for storage) and handles x 4 fitted (2 x at bow for kids, 2 x lower down at side of passenger seat on tubes for passenger to grip, see left of bag here towards bow)

Name:	image-4861338.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	69883

Forward handles and bag

Name:	image-3243073742.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	69884

Getting there
Old 02 July 2012, 10:40   #42
SR4

Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp View Post
Only 3 pictures so far????

I'm still trying to figure out where the microwave will be going on a 4m???

.................................................. ................^
.................................................. ..............more

Still trying to work that out but I have bought it, nice to have hot food on the move See pic of it below, its a 12v Wave Box. Also found some orange cable wrap for my wiring loom

Name:	microwave.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	69886

I have laughed at some of the other comments on this thread, you see I do what I say, I'm not just a waffler I'm a man of action It's all coming together as planned, no rush I have noticed quite a few people here are all talk and no action but I can assure you none of that relates to me, maybe if they went out on their RIBS's (if they even have one) rather than helm their desk they would get more experience more out of life and have some fun
Old 02 July 2012, 11:03   #43

Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4 View Post
...its a 12v Wave Box...
At 12v and 20 amps all you need now is two of THESE puppies and your all set
Old 02 July 2012, 11:22   #44
SR4

I'm having one of these fitted to my motorhome, but the cost of the fuel has risen double in the last year, so not as cheap as it used to be, can also move it and use it in the mothership (or Searider )

http://www.fuelcellsystems.co.uk/sho...Fuel-Cell.html

Is it possible to get a sea trailer, I'm running out of space
Old 02 July 2012, 12:07   #45

Town: Mallorca
Boat name: Amaroo
Make: Jeanneau & Seago 2.6
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 200hp & 4hp
MMSI: 235104224
Quote:
I'm having one of these fitted to my motorhome, but the cost of the fuel has risen double in the last year, so not as cheap as it used to be, can also move it and use it in the mothership (or Searider )

Fuel Cell Systems Ltd

Is it possible to get a sea trailer, I'm running out of space
This is what you need for all your extras.

The quote from the article is classic: “Space on board the mother ship is at a premium,” he said. “The SEA AXE has a large capacity and is capable of carrying a helicopter, tenders, toys, fuels, consumables and waste, in addition to staff and relief crew.”

Sea Axe 5009 Oberon Yacht changes the superyacht support vessel market — Luxury Yacht Charter & Superyacht News

"By skill not force."
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 13:13   #46
ncp

Town: California
Make: Avon 5.4m Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4
I have laughed at some of the other comments on this thread, you see I do what I say, I'm not just a waffler I'm a man of action :
I'll be working on becoming a man of action this week. Dash rewire and electronics install (HDS-7, LSS-1, Fusion stereo, Standard Horizon GX2150). I've had some of these thing in the hall closet for 2 months. Next up, microwave ...or thinking small BBQ for the swim step.

Time to be motivated by this man of action!
Old 02 July 2012, 14:23   #47
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
I'm not just a waffler I'm a man of action
Don't rule it out though...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	waffle maker.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	69887  
Old 02 July 2012, 14:52   #48
SR4

I would need an invertor for that, mind you I do have a 3,500 watt suitcase genertor I used to run the aircon on a boat when anchored, I could take that but my liferaft is in the last available space

We did a test run at the weekend and decided we were short of two handles, so these are being fitted to the stern haunches to give a handhold for those sitting on the tubes there. I do think that with all my kit I may be struggling to keep this thing afloat though

Lumishore Update:
Everything is being prepared for the underwater Lumishore lights, a 10mm hole is drilled in the transom at the base which lines perfectly where the centre of the light will be on the outside, this will then be glassed in side with a 9.5mm boss inserted, the cable which is 5mm in diameter will then be Sikaflexed through that with a tidy belt and braces cable gland cover sealing over the inside, the light unit seals the outside. The cable is 2mtrs long which will take it nicely along the battery cable run to the battery under the seat, the negative will go to the busbar and the positive to the new switch panel at the helm

I may have a look for a 4.7mtr to work on for next year to give me more room
Old 02 July 2012, 16:20   #49
SR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
And you really think blue is the colour?
NO, it looks Chavvy and slaggy so changed to Green, thanks for questioning my choice, I did listen
Old 02 July 2012, 18:58   #50

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
NO, it looks Chavvy and slaggy so changed to Green, thanks for questioning my choice, I did listen
Well mono colours are actually soooo last year, a bit like your decking in one of your last shots,.. no one wants it now ... in fact mono lights are more shell suit than dry suit .. what you want is the ones that change colour .. I mean you want the full 'star ship enterprise' look..... right ? how come you didnt know that ? BTW is the microwave going on an all weather gymbal infront of the helm for easy access .. I bet if you put it on defrost whilst passing a radar trap on the river you'd be invisible
no more displacement speeds for you ... so many tips .. so little time
Old 02 July 2012, 19:03   #51
SR4

If I was trendy I would not be going around on a rubber work boat, I just enjoy myself, I am retired and don't give a monkeys, do what I want, go where I want, do what I want, keep life simple, minimalism is the key
Old 02 July 2012, 19:08   #52

Boat name: Pisces
Make: Zodiac
You should ditch those old oars, pronto.

They must surely be the marine equivalent of the bodywork on an old 'woody' Morris Minor - how many of those do you see in MaxPower?

https://www.vimeo.com/2701620
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 July 2012, 01:50   #53
ncp

Town: California
Make: Avon 5.4m Searider
Engine: Yamaha 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4
If I was trendy I would not be going around on a rubber work boat, I just enjoy myself, I am retired and don't give a monkeys, do what I want, go where I want, do what I want, keep life simple, minimalism is the key
I love it! There are so many cool things seen/learned reading these threads. You need LED lit cupholders next!

This kid on a US fishing forum did a restoration on old Crisis Craft. The running joke was that they make LED lit cup holders and they would go well with his boat. He had LED everything!

It's a good read (long) and I don't even fish. Worth doing the free sign up to read it all:

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/che...k-rebuild.html

The kid put a long of time and money in and is a total perfectionist.
Old 03 July 2012, 06:47   #54
SR4

Changed my Lumishore blue order to green, details here Lumishore SMX20-B Lumishore Surface Mount Underwater Light - Blue - 12W

BUT, Mother ship is sulking so may get these for her, I can save $1,200! Lumishore Surface Mount 60W Color Change - Pair w/Controller

It is controllable with thousands of colours, looks cool and will look great on the mother ship but too much power consumption for the Searider tender as freezer, microwave, deck lights, gps, bilge pump, horn all need power
Old 03 July 2012, 06:53   #55
SR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbyte View Post
You should ditch those old oars, pronto.

They must surely be the marine equivalent of the bodywork on an old 'woody' Morris Minor - how many of those do you see in MaxPower?
I must say I have not really had any issue with the whores, not had chance to have a play with them yet, in truth I think I would struggle handling one on my own never mind two! I don't think they are out of place on my boat, they look classy. I would think it would take two to really get them going and perhaps change over now and again as each would require use of different muscles and strokes dependent on which side you were doing it from. I've not taken them out yet, but I guess I would get some funny looks. I'm sure other people have them on theirs and could share their experiences as to whether they have managed two on their own as I think they are a two handed job each
Old 03 July 2012, 09:30   #56
SR4

Well the last part for the bilge pump arrived today, the super dooper orangy red 3/4" silicon hose for pump to skin fitting, I must say it feels lovely and looks cool, but was VERY expensive for a bit of pipe, it was all I could find in that colour, this pipe is meant for racing car engines, maybe a bit over engineered but what the hell you need a reliable bilge pump pipe

Name:	Silicon hose.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	69903

Now where can I find orange jubilee clips?
Old 03 July 2012, 10:00   #57
SR4

Well I have got the Horn at last

Just been received special delivery today I tested them on a battery and F... me it nearly blows your ear drums, should I have gone for trumpets instead? Two tone nee naw, pharp type of things? Anyway these will have to do, they are beautifully made and solid stainless steel and very horny, can't wait for the FOG

Here they are:

Name:	Horn.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	69904
Old 03 July 2012, 10:18   #58
SR4

Latest update, just ordered good quality Astro Turf for the bow area for the dog as the deck is a a little harsh on her paws, only green available not orange, so that will have to do, just need to decide how far back to lay it

Anyone fitted a patio heater to their boat for use in winter?
Old 03 July 2012, 11:36   #59

Town: NW Surrey
Boat name: Lady Helen
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: Out Petrol 3.5 & 15
Quote:
Anyone fitted a patio heater to their boat for use in winter?
Would it be possible to run a pipe from the cooling system through the tubes so that you have all round warmth and those sitting on the tubes have a heated seat?
Old 03 July 2012, 12:00   #60

Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
[QUOTE=SR4;472740]Latest update, just ordered good quality Astro Turf for the bow area for the dog as the deck is a a little harsh on her paws, only green available not orange, so that will have to do, just need to decide how far back to lay it QUOTE]

You must cancel your Astro Turf order immediately or risk wrecking the entire concept.

Here's what you need: PG40 Orange Artificial Turf | Buy Orange Color Turf Online & Save