Old 15 March 2012, 17:33   #1

Town: Brampton
Boat name: The HeadHunter
Make: Aquarius
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 50
ThunderCat Racing Canada press release

We are starting ThunderCat racing in Canada. We're looking for anyone who has an interest whether it be racing or social outtings.

If anyone would like more information on races or boats, please feel free to contact me.

Race sites are in Ontario, Canada and Michigan, USA currently with interest in other areas across the country.

Racers, officials, volunteers and fans needed

Press Release:
ThunderCat Racing Comes to Canada

Andrew
Old 07 November 2014, 14:22   #2

Town: Cobden
Make: Zodiac
Engine: 50 hp Merc
any luck?

How did it go? Have you guys had any luck getting racing going in Canada? I would be interested in racing potentially/. Do you know of any clubs?

Thanks!
Old 07 November 2014, 14:29   #3

We've been racing for 3 years in southern Ontario. It's been slow going, we need more guys, but progressing. We raced in Michigan this summer too and some of those guys have been coming up to our races. We're racing under the events held by the Toronto Outboard Racing Club... www.TORC.ca You can buy Aquarius, Gemini and Infanta hulls now. Most guys are using used engines or Tohatsu TLDI motors, but you can buy the proper Tohatsu 50D2 engines this coming year out of a new group started in in MA, USA. I'm using a Yamaha 50.

If you want specific info or more detailed info, feel free to contact me.

Andrew
andrew4ce@gmail.com
Old 07 November 2014, 14:32   #4

To add... The group in MA, USA is getting ready to start the real Surf Cross style racing. It will take a bit of time to get off the ground though. Training days starting in 2015.
Old 07 November 2014, 15:48   #5

Thanks Andrew. I personally dont own a Thundercat. I have a Zodiac Futura MK2. I do most of my driving in whitewater. I want to do inflatable whitewater races. I believe the cats handle pretty well in whitewater. If you guys are ever interested in a bit of a different trip I would be keen to show you guys around my river and work through some whitewater with you. I believe my river could hold one of the best whitewater races in the world.
Old 07 November 2014, 15:51   #6

I hear white water river racing and I think smashed props and lower units? I looked on a map, and unfortunately... you're pretty far away from most guys unless it was a prize money event. White Water Jet River racers from out west have asked for years if there is a suitable place to race in Ontario though...?
Old 07 November 2014, 16:15   #7

Smashed lwr units and props can happen, I run with a custom built cage around my prop, I loose about 10 hp but I can sustain decent impacts. The river is high volume tho, low water levels you need to worry about rocks, the high water levels not so much an issue. Theres a classic whitewater inflatable race video out there

This type of river will smash your lower ends. I was hoping this kind of race circuit or scene still existed............

Once you learn how to read a river you can figure out where most of the deep water is. Its just a question of staying there. I have also found most of the other rocks by now.........If you ever want to come up for a cruise in my boat by all means let me know, I can show you a whole new world of inflatable boating.

As far as jets, they would work great, even better if they were on inflatables. I dont think you want to be running a boat in the rapids tho any bigger then 18 feet.
Old 06 July 2016, 14:25   #8

Town: kawartha lakes ontario
Make: zodiac and achilles
Great old-school video ; ) anymore racing going on in Ontario Canada ? I do not hear of much
Old 06 July 2016, 14:51   #9

Nothing in Ontario, no one would commit to even casual fun racing unfortunately. Some guys with ThunderCats for fun hanging out on www.hpbc.ca

The New England USA guys are now racing and selling proper boats and the proper Tohatsu 2 stroke motors. Their reach is growing and more people getting involved. They've hooked up with the offshore racing club and are racing un the APBA. the offshore guys let them put in a proper ThunderCat track to race on between the offshore heats. Keeps spectators happy and works well.

Hydroplane racing is still growing and doing well in Ontario though. www.torc.ca
Old 06 July 2016, 20:07   #10

Town: kawartha lakes ontario
Make: zodiac and achilles
Thanks for all the great information, could I ask what pitch most guys run for props on there race inflatables

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07 July 2016, 15:15   #11

I don't know about others... but we're using anything from 15 to 18 depending on water conditions and track. On most the Ontario tracks we used 16-17. I have 3 props for sale if you are looking for something. We've left the class unfortunately for now. I don't normally sell my props, but ThunderCat props don't suit anything else I own. pm/email me if you'd like more details.