Old 03 September 2001, 09:53   #1

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Not sure
Make: ABC/Priddy
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 500 FPT
They Came

They came, they drunk our beer and they even tried to take our women. If it wasn't for a valiant rear guard action by one southener it would have resulted in a full invasion! We need your help to prevent this happening again. Who am I talking about? That lot from up North, we have to plan an attack proberbly in August next year, whatch this space!!
Old 03 September 2001, 11:15   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
What on earth are you on about?

Isn't it a bit early in the day to have started on the Guinness?

John
Old 03 September 2001, 15:01   #3

That lot from up north who think we are all hair dressers down here!
Old 03 September 2001, 20:11   #4
Hairdresser

Town: Peel
Boat name: Jane L
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315 Yanmar
MMSI: 235077935
You've got it wrong again - what actually happened was that having come across some "Lively Ladies", we succeeded in taking your women and tried to drink the beer.
Thank goodness we didn't try the beer first ........
We were prepared for this and arrived tooled up with a range of proper alcohol. Unfortunately one of our number sank most of it before providing the entertainment at the Rib Party, still carrying an empty bottle of Glenfiddich.
Rumour has it that he proposed marriage to the bottle several times during the evening. Fortunately the bottle turned him down.
As you failed miserably to prevent us partying through the weekend, I will remind you that this was merely a recce party, and once we have sobered up (next week at this rate) we will begin to plan a serious invasion next year !
We have of course made copius notes of any significant event, but as yet we are unable to explain your antics on the pontoon on Saturday evening.
Why was the female lying face down, and how did you get her arms that far behind her back ?
Was this your rear guard action ?
The photographs may reveal the true nature of your actions, and the negatives may be offered for sale.
As far as I know it was a great weekend, but I haven't seen all the pictures yet - was there some boat race on ?
Old 05 September 2001, 09:29   #5
Administrator

Allen

I hear from Alan P that you are planning an event next year. I'm sorry that RIB International don't appear to be interested -- please feel free to post the details here

John

PS Has Marcel W signed up for this exciting event yet?
Old 06 September 2001, 09:48   #6
Hairdresser

John,

I knew that I would regret telling him anything, particularly as he has got it wrong - again !

I can't yet reveal the exact nature of our plans for 2002 as we have already offered this privilige to Rib Intl, and I believe that details will appear in the news section of their Oct issue.

I will just say that those of us who completed the Norway Rib Challange last year have put together a northwest event to challenge those who have the misfortune to live in the lower end of Britain.

It will take place in early July and although our aim is to have fun there will be a physical element which should prove rewarding.

I know that Alan P is unlikely to have the opportunity to come, but knowing Marcel as I do, I am sure that he will more than compensate for Alan's missed opportunity.

I hope this has whetted your appetite. You'll have to wait for the rest - watch this space. Or that space even.
Old 06 September 2001, 10:20   #7
Administrator

Kudos to you for your moral integrity! it must be difficult to honour your commitment to a single publisher when you are obviously brimming with enthusiasm about your exciting project.

I'm looking forward to reading about it at length in RIB International. Perhaps you could ask for Hugo's permission to share the information with us all here?

Have you signed away the rights to the photographs of the event once it is complete? Could we do a deal for the gallery here?

Regards
John
Old 06 September 2001, 12:57   #8

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
presumably if its a Rib Int event.............

Then it'll cost hundreds of pounds to enter!

Alan, Sounds interesting/intriguing. Can you let us know more so we can promote it in BIBOA as well?

Cheers,
Alan
Old 06 September 2001, 13:26   #9
Administrator

Hey! Get to the back of the queue!
On the other hand, perhaps you ought to be asking RIB Magazine for the details . . .

John
Old 06 September 2001, 14:03   #10
Hairdresser

John,

You are so cruel - it's almost as though you know as much as I do about it ........

Alan - yes, yes. Yvonne is already after me for an article about our summer escapade this year. Hopefully I have placated her for the meantime by e mailing her pics of Seahound IV being towed by Still Deep One at 31 knots. Yes, 31 knts. Taken at the Cowes Classic last weekend.

Al
Old 06 September 2001, 15:14   #11
Administrator

Cruel? I'm only trying to help you do your bit for the ribbing community. No need to be so hard on me.

John
Old 06 September 2001, 15:53   #12

Listen Guys & Girls, I am only away for 50 days when we go around the world so if you think that I am going to miss this event, think again!! This is one event that I did not start first, and it pains me to think that I was not with you last year. I am fed up going around Britain that is why we have decided to go around the world. The only problem is that we will have land on both sides for a lot of the time which really could screw up our navigation.

Now that we spend most of our time in Cardiff, does that make us Northener's?
Old 07 September 2001, 08:02   #13
Hairdresser

Glad to see that you boys are getting into the swing of this event.

Alan P - Cardiff is certainly a big step in the right direction, but I would guess that it will turn you a bit sheepish

Alan W - paying to enter could depend on how anxious you are to complete the event. Personally I have never paid yet and don't intend to start now, so forget the entry fee of Rib Intl proportions - there won't be one. Remember, it is just fun event.

I'll contact my fellow conspirators and see if we can reveal anything further whilst still holding on to the moral high ground (by our fingertips!).

Allen