Not sure if this thread is still interesting but I still like to tell all how it is all going!
A full day was spent at the boat and the engineer arrived (late so I got home late and was in trouble with the Mrs!) but the good news:-
THE ENGINE RUNS!!! WOOOOOOHOOOO!
So the engine report:-
- Gearbox off and oil changed (no wear line on drive shaft so the engineer thought this engine has not done lots of hours!)
- New water pump fitted (the old one was in good nick and showed the engine was looked after in old life - apart from being left in a field for 7 years!)
- Oil pump worked (but will be replaced as this is good practice as the diaphram likely to be brittle)
- Fuel pump OK (all fuel lines need replacing though)
- Carbs - all removed as butterfly's on bottom one seized - minor issue - carbs will be cleaned and rebuilt
Generally the guy said this engine is rock solid and should be good to go with one more visit from him!
Anyway - we know the engine can be sorted - BIG RELEIF!
- Removed front hatch with a dremmel tool - all deck and surrounding areas rock solid! Will build a new one or possiblly big seat area?
- Final tube cleaned and polished
- Hull cleaned - quite a few gel coat cracks to repair.
Some random pics attached - phone was dying so just snapped a few!