Test was because I just typed all the following and lost the lot when i hit post! AARGGHH!
Anyway, here I go again
Today I had the engine looked at by an engineer and we found:-
Engine is 1996 Mercury 200 Saltwater - V6 3 litre (apparently a Ford Cosworth engine - no not from the cars but from that team - Anyone know if that is true - I like the sound of that!)
We connected battery pack and.....
• Trim system worked and raised and lowered the engine
• Flywheel turned so the engine not seized - a good start! Once freed it would turnover the engine
• Spark plugs removed and not rusty with signs of oil
• Starter seized but freed up with WD40/Diesel mix!
• Compression on all chambers was good (120psi)
• Some rubber tubes perished so will replace all
• No spark on 3 cylinders so ignition system needs some attention
• Throttle cable seized
• The prop is in good condition and the right size (21)
Anyway, the long and short of it is I still think I have a bargain here. Engine refurb will be about £1k to £2k. Even if it goes a bit above that I am still quids in!
On other news the tube cleaner I bought (bought two, tried both and one of them is amazing stuff - Rib Revive - Rib & inflatable boat tube cleaner
I am going to finish cleaning the tubes tomorrow and will take some more pics!
All in all a good day and I reckon I will be doing a test run, I hope, in about 6 weeks!