Old 01 April 2010, 07:29   #41

Town: Sheffield
Boat name: short fuse
Make: Ribquest
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post
So are you saying on computer shy Dave's behalf that the console in question was very very similar to an Outhill
Yes its obvious to seet that the console in question is similar, but similar is not the same, every panel is either different in dimension or in shape. I also know They are looking to develope another console to offer in the range to replace this one.
Old 01 April 2010, 07:42   #42

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribmech View Post
Yes its obvious to seet that the console in question is similar, but similar is not the same, every panel is either different in dimension or in shape. I also know They are looking to develope another console to offer in the range to replace this one.
i'm with you on this one, there's only so much you can do, after all a boats a boat, you can only alter the shape so much before it becomes unworkable, mine gets called a scorpion, with regards to the tubes, we have to agree to disagree on this one, my only hope that it's not going to be left in the water, it's bad enough antifouling a hull without having to do the tubes
Old 01 April 2010, 15:21   #43

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribmech View Post
A lot of Ribnet users Obviously have good knowledge and give good unbiased advise to people new to Ribing looking to make there first purchase. Others however can be tend to be blinkered by there own personal preferences and think all other brands but there own are not fit to be afloat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
heres my 2 pence worth ..
this is my 2nd ribquest and i wouldn't buy anything else they are a fantastic rib 1 of the best on the market the build quality is fantastic far better then most ribs i looked at so before you make any negative comments go give them a look over and try one you might be surprised how good they are
tony t

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2010, 17:22   #44

Quote:

this is my 2nd ribquest and i wouldn't buy anything else they are a fantastic rib 1 of the best on the market the build quality is fantastic far better then most ribs i looked at so before you make any negative comments go give them a look over and try one you might be surprised how good they are (unless your welsh they never happy)

tony t
what ribs did you have before your two ribquest's?
Old 01 April 2010, 17:30   #45

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post

Old 01 April 2010, 18:46   #46

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Quote:
You guys! Stop fishing, Tony showed the whole build for all to see and being fair it's a nice boat...... But numbers are by far the best!
Old 01 April 2010, 18:47   #47

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post

You guys! Stop fishing, Tony showed the whole build for all to see and being fair it's a nice boat...... But numbers are by far the best!
I mean Humbers!!!!
Old 01 April 2010, 20:21   #48
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Dai, I think you're havin a Polwart moment.
quite rightly too... and even if its not Dave himself posting he should consider the positive PR he's (generally) getting on here and look at upgrading his "mouthpiece" to trade membership...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Yeah, polly's been quiet of late, so someone has to stand-in from time to time.
Sorry new job has been distracting me from my role as RIBnet pedant.
Old 01 April 2010, 20:54   #49

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:

this is my 2nd ribquest and i wouldn't buy anything else they are a fantastic rib 1 of the best on the market the build quality is fantastic far better then most ribs i looked at so before you make any negative comments go give them a look over and try one you might be surprised how good they are (unless your welsh they never happy)

tony t
I'll throw my two cents worth in too.

I went down to Sheffield to see Ribquest's premises in October last year and Dave Rose took time out of his busy schedule to simply talk boats. This is a very small company, but they make a quality product, albeit more suited for the top-end rib enthusiast. Dave has responded to all my emails and calls and generally goes out of his way to accommodate you, which is more than can be said for Avon, or Tornado. I'm still waiting on brochures months after I contacted them for a specification sheet and price-list.

Regards the 9m Ribquest it does look a little low in the water. At this kind of size I'd probably go for a Parker, Zodiac Hurricane or Humber, if money was no object.
Old 01 April 2010, 21:03   #50

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
what the....!!

Quote:
does it matter if i had 1 or 20 or none .......!!
give it a rest outhill or ribquest,s own ... similar or the same there's a difference
i brought a fantastic rib from a small new company that make quality ribs ..my choice
why dont you go and look at ribquest at the ribx show i,m sure they would be more then happy to talk to you about this.
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2010, 21:20   #51
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
... and even if its not Dave himself posting he should consider the positive PR he's (generally) getting on here and look at upgrading his "mouthpiece" to trade membership...
oooh, I had goosebumps there!
Old 01 April 2010, 21:26   #52

Quote:
give it a rest outhill or ribquest,s own ... similar or the same there's a difference
i brought a fantastic rib from a small new company that make quality ribs ..my choice
why dont you go and look at ribquest at the ribx show i,m sure they would be more then happy to talk to you about this.
i haven't said anything about console's, and as it happens i have been on a ribquest and i haven't knocked it in these posts, it does make a difference how many boats you've experienced, how can you make a comparision if you have only been on a few boats, you might think your boat is good but how would you know
Old 01 April 2010, 21:44   #53

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Quote:
Bit touchy.
As Biffer has already said he wasn't having ago, has adimitted his console looks similar to Scorpions but is different.

Obviously the more Ribquests you've owned the better you are to comment. Regards your previous RIBs it would would give everyone something to compare the Ribquest agianst.
Old 01 April 2010, 21:54   #54
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
how can you make a comparison if you have only been on a few boats, you might think your boat is good but how would you know
I am "on" my second Ribeye and, while I have no experience of different craft (other than my luxurious Sunsqueeker), I can confirm that they are a serious sea-boat. I say this in the full knowledge that while the various DIY ribsters and other self appointed "cognoscenti" on here will raise a full throated howl of scorn, my opinion is supported by several rib(eye) dealers of my unctuous acquaintance. I fully support the supporter in his brave and loyal stance vis a vis a fine brand and feel you should all fully engage in a productive bout of internecine warfare.

Regards, T.

(was getting bored since the Titanic thing)
Old 01 April 2010, 21:58   #55
RIBnet Supporter

fkk mee - dat wuz notte mee postyn dat borlix pls desreegaryd thee abboyfe

rong purrsowyna in controwl
Old 01 April 2010, 22:01   #56
RIBnet Supporter

We wish to apologise to viewers for that unexpected break in transmission. Normal viewing will be resumed as soon as we establish what is normal.

Thank You.
Old 01 April 2010, 22:06   #57

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I am "on" my second Ribeye and, while I have no experience of different craft (other than my luxurious Sunsqueeker), I can confirm that they are a serious sea-boat. I say this in the full knowledge that while the various DIY ribsters and other self appointed "cognoscenti" on here will raise a full throated howl of scorn, my opinion is supported by several rib(eye) dealers of my unctuous acquaintance. I fully support the supporter in his brave and loyal stance vis a vis a fine brand and feel you should all fully engage in a productive bout of internecine warfare.

Regards, T.

(was getting bored since the Titanic thing)
Jesus you must be "mainlining" the old Lemonade now, for gods sake man stop before its too late

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2010, 22:26   #58

Town: Sheffield
Make: Ribquest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
quite rightly too... and even if its not Dave himself posting he should consider the positive PR he's (generally) getting on here and look at upgrading his "mouthpiece" to trade membership...

Sorry new job has been distracting me from my role as RIBnet pedant.
Gents, Up to now I thought it best to stay away from the forum as it seems to generate a lot of fuss. I think its only fair to Jon (Ribmech) at this point if I take the plunge.

I am happy to answer questions and I will take on board your views. We will hopefully !!have 3 boats at Ribex if we can complete them in time, A 6.3m, 7.8m and a 10m. You will be able to have a good look at the boats and we will be doing demo runs. People can then make there own minds up.

Dave Rose
Old 01 April 2010, 22:28   #59

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RibQ View Post
Gents, Up to now I thought it best to stay away from the forum as it seems to generate a lot of fuss. I think its only fair to Jon (Ribmech) at this point if I take the plunge.

I am happy to answer questions and I will take on board your views. We will hopefully !!have 3 boats at Ribex if we can complete them in time, A 6.3m, 7.8m and a 10m. You will be able to have a good look at the boats and we will be doing demo runs. People can then make there own minds up.

Dave Rose
Good on you, Dave.
Old 01 April 2010, 22:37   #60

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
console

Quote:
i haven't said anything about console's, and as it happens i have been on a ribquest and i haven't knocked it in these posts, it does make a difference how many boats you've experienced, how can you make a comparision if you have only been on a few boats, you might think your boat is good but how would you know
didn't mean u in particular biff but there's a few who do go on about it was in general

tony
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote