Old 14 January 2006, 17:56   #1

Town: costa del pontypool
Boat name: ole sharky
Make: sr4 now very fast
Length: 4m +
Engine: johnson 60 vro
That Rib Off Ebay

The Boat
Got There At 8.30am Looked At Boat Ok Needs A Good Clean Only 1 Patch On Tubes About 2" Squaire And The Leak At Front Of Boat Is A Result Of That Patch Not Put On Properly, Seats Need A Bit Of Tlc Apart From That The Rib Is In Fab Condition In Fact Best I Have Seen (for The Age)in Fact For The Age Its Mint!

The Engine
Talking To Member Last Nite As I Have No Idea About These As He Said After Standing For 5 Years It Should Be Seazed So He Was Kind Enough To Pass On His Mobile No I Phoned Him And He Told Me That I Should Try To Spin The Flyweel By Hand And If I Could Do That I Could Be In A Good Chance Of It Being Ok.
Took Lid Of Engine With Fingers Crossed I Tryed To Turn It And !yes! It Turned Quite Easy So I Then Put It In Gear And Turned Prop By Hand Turned Well Good Sucking Sound From Compression Hopfully Its Ok ?.
Got Home And Put Battery On And Gess What No Poxy Ignition Key. Had A Look Over Engine Apart From Lots Of Cobwebbs Its Spotless No Oil Realy Clean,the Only Problem I Can See Is The Choke The Bar That Operates The Top And Bot Choke Bot Bit Has Broke So Bot Carb Dont Work
Think I Should Take It To Marine Place Who Knows About Them And Get It Checked Over Ca Anyone Recomend Anyone (wales Area Or Bristol)
Old 14 January 2006, 18:02   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Try Samspeed marine-their mechanic is helpful but ring them first. £45/hour though.

Samspeed Marine Ltd
Whitfield, Falfield
Wotton-Under-Edge
Glos GL12 8DS

Tel: 01454 260123
Fax: 01454 260071

I've lost the phone number for that mercury dealer I was on about but Samspeed will be able to tell you who they are if you ring them. They are on the Avon between Bristol and Bath.

Have fun with it!

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote