Old 14 October 2004, 09:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
Hey JK, your such a diplomat, surely you meant to say that the report should have been posted over on the "dark side", I would suggest in the torkin bollix section!!!!!
Hi, Dirk!
Since I am from Norway, I do not understand the English terminology. Could you please tell me what you ment in plain english, and if it was ment negative, why is that?

Old 14 October 2004, 09:21   #12
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordrafting
They write about the journey where I drew the boat from Lymington i Portsmoth to Scotland, Shetland and then to Trondheim in Norway last April.
Sounds like an interesting voyage!

So what do you think it is that makes the Parker so much better than anything else?

John

Old 14 October 2004, 10:20   #13

If I do the same turn with the Scorp. it slides, jumps and throw us to the side. I know that you are not supposed to write something bad about a rib, but after 300 hours in the boat, I do know what I m talking about when it comes to my Scorp doing a tight turn, period!
Old 14 October 2004, 15:01   #14
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Do you think it's the hull design that makes the Parker better? The design of the tubes? The way it's built? Or perhaps just the set up?

I know that you have been unhappy with your Scorpion, but it's a generally well regarded boat so the Parker must be something really special to be so much better. As far as I can see there is nothing particularly radical about the design so I'm interested in what makes it so good. Any ideas?

John
Old 20 October 2004, 09:53   #15

Town: Stockholm
Make: Mako Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 250 hpdi
Hi!

Ive been viewing this thread as a guest for a while. Im still waiting for an answer. Maybe someone at Parker can answer. Im very curious.

Regards SweRib
Old 20 October 2004, 17:16   #16
Trade member

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerib
Hi!

Ive been viewing this thread as a guest for a while. Im still waiting for an answer. Maybe someone at Parker can answer. Im very curious.

Regards SweRib
Hi Swerib,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest in Parker ribs. Are you thinking your next rib and have short listed a Parker perhaps?

If I had written the report, which started this thread, then of course most would comment that I am blowing my own trumpet,just sales talk. What I can add is that the Baltic range was specifically designed for twin diesel commercial operation but has also proved to be very successful with twin large outboards in particular for SeaSafari type of fun where the passengers may also enjoy lots of thrill and excitement.

Martin is an experienced operator, he took his time in selecting his rib and having done many hours including the passage across the North Sea to Norway I would say he knows what he is taking about when comparing the performances of both ribs. Can't wait to read about this passage in the next issue of RI.
We value Martin's report as who better then such operator is more qualified to write such having done the test himself.

As you are based in Stockholm why don't you contact our distributor (see our web page for details) and perhaps even make contact with the operator of the rib in question and find out what he thinks of our ribs.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote