Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 September 2009, 18:11   #11
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,924
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Marine View Post
Ok, so you hard it here first, The Iceland Sprint. I came up with it somewhere in the Irish Sea....
Interesting. You should talk to Bogib, Our Man in Iceland. You would experience 24 hrs of daylight/twilight on that run as from the Faroes north, it's fairly much 24/7 in June. There's feck all SAR cover out there, would you possibly be better/safer using the Faroes as a stepping stone and run up with established comms to the Icelandic fishing fleet out of Hfn?
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2009, 04:13   #12
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Cork
Boat name: Wolf
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: DF300
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 32
Iceland

Iceland..................

See Greg, Wilk is already talking sense....

Where are the pertrol stops?

Might as well keep going to Newfoundland while we are there.
It's the Trip home that worries me.

However, we are seriously considering putting up a trophy for a "Round Rockall" challenge and record attempt. I know that Team Pulsar and The Kerry Boys are up for that.
I know if we tickled Mike Deacon he may come along too. Any other takers?

Regards,

Macrib.
__________________

__________________
teampulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2009, 09:39   #13
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by teampulsar View Post
Iceland..................

See Greg, Wilk is already talking sense....

Where are the pertrol stops?

Might as well keep going to Newfoundland while we are there.
It's the Trip home that worries me.

However, we are seriously considering putting up a trophy for a "Round Rockall" challenge and record attempt. I know that Team Pulsar and The Kerry Boys are up for that.
I know if we tickled Mike Deacon he may come along too. Any other takers?

Regards,

Macrib.
I'll do it in this - when it's built!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P016_R60 M.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	45842  
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 11:31   #14
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Cork
Boat name: Wolf
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: DF300
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 32
New Built Banana

Cookee,
I trust the budget is healthy and that you will have this beauty built in time to go around Ireland next summer.

Great looking design.

Good luck,

Macrib.
__________________
teampulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 11:46   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by teampulsar View Post
Cookee,
I trust the budget is healthy .........
Great looking design.

Good luck,

Macrib.
Would you like us to have a whip 'round Cookee?
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 12:29   #16
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by teampulsar View Post
Cookee,
I trust the budget is healthy and that you will have this beauty built in time to go around Ireland next summer.

Great looking design.

Good luck,

Macrib.
The budget is looking doable with a potential sponsor being talked to, but we all know how difficult it can be to close a deal like that especially in the current climate, the current deadline is next August for the Marathon World Champs in Cowes, but as it's a boat there are no guarantees at all as we have a lot to do before then.

On the bright side I have the trim tabs and drives (ASD6's) already here and I have specified the engines and gearboxes to go with those now, sl all we have to do is have something to put all of that on!

Mollers - How much do you reckon you can raise!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 12:34   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Mollers - How much do you reckon you can raise!
I've had a root around down the back of the sofa and came up with a plastic comb and 2.76 in change. Now, I know you've no use for the comb, but the 2.76 is all yours.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 14:29   #18
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I've had a root around down the back of the sofa and came up with a plastic comb and 2.76 in change. Now, I know you've no use for the comb, but the 2.76 is all yours.
You're well on the way to guaranteeing a seat for the first endurance race!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 14:59   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
You're well on the way to guaranteeing a seat for the first endurance race!
Very reasonable.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2009, 15:10   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I've had a root around down the back of the sofa ..
Wot? You've got a sofa now?
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.