Old 20 October 2002, 21:32   #11
RIBnet supporter
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
I lied! Mark Pascoe does have a website!

Could've guessed that one!
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2002, 03:13   #12
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Re: For what it's worth...

Originally posted by Daniel
A chap called (lee i think) fairweather of fairweather marine told me at the boat show he had the old BWM moulds.

Fairweather make the Tohatsu RIBS and their own (Solent RIBS) - what do people think -

Although further to this rumour has it that Paul Lemmer 'sold' them to quite a few people before he folded BWM? That's just what someone told me!

If anyone can confirm or deny this i'm listening!

As far as I know there were several sets of BWM moulds around from the various incarnations of BWM. I believe some now in Poland for example! The shame of it is that the hulls are pretty good designs but inevitably the fact that a number of people are/have supplied them over the years tends to put people off buying them.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2002, 13:54   #13
Make: Pro-Sport
Length: 5m +

Pro-Sport Ribs wre started in 1999 when we brought all the moulds etc from the Yorkshire RIB center or TEMPTRESS RIBS.

We decided not to buy the name as the chap who ran the company got into some very bad money problems in the marine world? so we decided to start from scratch.

all the hulls are proven RIB hulls and we have changed them slightly to give them more modern styles. all our ribs are built to owners spec and are excellent value for money all our prices are fully fitted and we have no hidden extras.
We have no sales reps you speak direct to the people that mix the gel and lay the matting?

When all the manufacturers started in the early days i think there was al ot of copying and altering going on????

the BWM rapier was flopped of the bottom of a Revenger etc....

We look forward to answering any questions and would be more than happy to arrange a demo in one of RIBs

Kind Regards

Jason Norman is offline   Reply With Quote