Old 11 January 2016, 23:18   #1

Town: Lusby, MD
Boat name: Bucephalus
Make: AVON
Length: 3m +
Engine: 6 HP
Stupid Noobie Question But Have to Ask

My BRAVO 2 pump arrived today with the attachments and no instructions. I was able to pump up my Avon Rover but I only inserted the yellow tube directly into the valves and did not use any of the attachments. Of course, I noticed air leaking from the connection so I'm assuming that I was supposed to use one of the attachments but which one?

Also, I'm interested in purchasing a pressure gauge but will one fit on the Bravo 2 and if so, where would it go? Or is it more like a tire pressure gauge where you pump it up and then pop on the gauge to see the psi? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if it helps, I believe this 1990 model as A7 valves but the psi gauges I saw on amazon only fit the Halkey and Naru valves.
Old 11 January 2016, 23:38   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
I use a gauge like this...

Bravo In-line Inflatable Boat Pressure Gauge -

... which fits on the end of the Bravo tube then you use the nearest white adaptor to your Avon valve finishing with insulation tape wound round to make it a nice friction fit which is sufficient at the low pressures involved.

So you get the pressure shown as you blow the boat up.
Old 11 January 2016, 23:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
I use a gauge like this...

Bravo In-line Inflatable Boat Pressure Gauge -

... which fits on the end of the Bravo tube then you use the nearest white adaptor to your Avon valve finishing with insulation tape would round to make it a nice friction fit which is sufficient at the low pressures involved.

So you get the pressure shown as you blow the boat up.
Thanks Finlander. I'm going to have to pick one of these up!

So the pressure gauge connects to the end of the yellow tube and then the white adaptor connects between the pressure gauge and the avon valve? Do I have this right?
Old 12 January 2016, 00:15   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Yep that's it. The yellow tube should have a plastic stub in the end which is a friction push fit into the gauge.

I'm sure I remember those Avon valves are on the large size hence my comments about taking up the slack with tape.
Old 12 January 2016, 00:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Yep that's it. The yellow tube should have a plastic stub in the end which is a friction push fit into the gauge.

I'm sure I remember those Avon valves are on the large size hence my comments about taking up the slack with tape.
I inflated the avon tonight. Now waiting to see how long it maintains pressure. I know that it's going to lose some air over time and that this would be normal. However, is there a set amount of days that it should hold it's pressure that would give me some insight as to whether I have a slow leak, etc.?
Old 12 January 2016, 12:41   #6

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
The Avon B7/C7 valves requires the use of a CL16 coupling adapter if you want the proper factory-fit plastic piece. The coupler is tapered in order to achieve an interference fit. The coupler also has a plastic crossbar inside to depress the valve slightly, to open the check valve, to make it easier to inflate and check the pressure.

Zodiac sells it as a PN Z67068.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 20:18   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
The Avon B7/C7 valves requires the use of a CL16 coupling adapter if you want the proper factory-fit plastic piece. The coupler is tapered in order to achieve an interference fit. The coupler also has a plastic crossbar inside to depress the valve slightly, to open the check valve, to make it easier to inflate and check the pressure.

Zodiac sells it as a PN Z67068.
Thanks Office. I'm going to look that part up now.