Old 30 April 2014, 09:41   #11
Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
Make sure to get the same size as your trailer, that way you have a spare hub and bearings. One of my projects is to mount my spare on a hub so I always have a spare bearing/hub set.

There are a couple of companies here in the USA that build a bolt on kit for the spare tire. Wouldn't be hard to build if you have a welder and a few tools. The bigger question is can you lift the trailer tongue? That is what will allow you to steer if it is fixed. Personally I would build it steerable.

Peter_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2014, 10:02   #12
Town: East
Boat name: Seaflyer
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude
Only a thought, would it be possible to remove jockey wheel from the bottom of the leg and weld a stub axle onto the bracket? This would allow you to raise and lower the wheel and it would be free castor. The stub axle wold be mounted to the side which should give clearance for raising and lowering in the usual way.

Seaflyer02 is offline   Reply With Quote